Enorama

Where does Christophe want to play?

Legendary USC safety Jean Christophe is entering this year's EFL draft and looking to step into the EFL and make a difference right away. Of the eight EFL teams, only a couple have reached out to him personally, so Christophe is examining each team on an individual basis to see where he'd like to head on draft day.

(full disclosure; this ranking is based on totally unweighted criteria and as such should not be taken as where I'd legitimately like to play or not)

8. Wisconsin Brigade @Wally

This is no knock on Wally but man this might be the most unappealing team in the league on a purely aesthetic level. The logo looks somehow simultaneously too dark and too busy and the location is just... Wisconsin? Really? The only exciting thing to happen in Wisconsin so far in the 21st century was when that Senator campaigned to remove a bunch of union rights in the state. Exactly the type of place I'd be flying to place 12.5% of my league in, for sure. 

7. Miami Neptune @Wheaties

The only reason I dislike Miami at all is that Miami University's NCAA logo just pisses me off to look at. It's a damn U and the colours are jarring. It's wicked bad. Sorry Neptune, you guys have just fallen alongside because of the team you share a city with. Too bad for you.

6. Los Angeles Reign @Alecbama

Sorry alec, I liked you as my AD in 'Bama but that isn't enough to outweigh the fact that the idea of the L.A. Reign is boring as hell to me. Every regal lion logo looks the same to me and Los Angeles is not an inspired city by any stretch of the imagination, but at least it isn't in Wisconsin. This is the tipping point in the list where everything worse is bad, everything better is good, but this one is just equally good and bad. The pinnacle of mediocrity.

5. Seattle Predators @AndrewWarren13

I've touched base with AW in at least one other sim league, so I feel like we already have something approaching a cordial relationship, not enough to sway my decision here in any way, however. As such, I defer to the team, who I believe seems to be doing pretty well this season and would therefore be a pretty good program to walk into. The city and even the team name to a certain extent appeal to me. I love the Pacific Northwest even though I've only been as far as B.C. and never farther South, but I hope to one day. Where Seattle takes their hit is their logo being an absolute yawnfest. Reminds me of about a dozen logos in the real life NFL.

4. Memphis Mambas @Jetsqb101

First off, I adore the logo/name and have talked a bit with jetsqb already so I'm naturally drawn to the Mambas. However, I literally had to Google where Memphis even is, so I'd rather go to a more inspired city. I'm not big on Blues or Country music so I don't know what there even is to do in Memphis. 

3/2. New Orleans Kraken / San Antonio Wolfpack @LattimoreIsland @OnMyWings

I'm grouping these into a single rank because they're both rated equally in really each of my criteria. 1. Fun cities: I've personally been to San Antonio, fell in love with the Riverwalk, and plan on returning within the next couple years. New Orleans obviously has immense history and culture, especially appealing to me with my French heritage (both me personally and Christophe as a frenchman). 2. Great team names/logos: I know having a wolf as your logo isn't exactly new, but they've always been my favourite animal so I'll always have a soft spot for them. Do I really need to comment on the Kraken? I'm lobbying for the NHL expansion team in Seattle to adopt the name of that sea monster because I love it so much. 3. GM rep/personal experience: Uh I don't really know either GM. Sorry guys, that's why you get lumped together.

1. New York Herd @Bushito

This probably surprises some. The city is cool and all, but similar to L.A, it's a bit vanilla. The team name really means nothing and the logo has a nice incorporation of football with a bison (who I also have a soft spot for, as a Manitoban). Finally, I'd say Bush has made more enemies than friends in his years across a few sim leagues. However, I have heard about how much he cares about his teams, and I want the chance to experience it. I won't be playing for Calgary in the VHL any time soon, so now is my chance to potentially get the full Bushito GM experience.

Anyone want to step in to defend their team? Sway my rankings somehow? Call for my head? Sound off, go ahead.

819 words.

• Like 4
  • Angry 1
  • That's Lit! 1

Tbh I wasn’t crazy for the regal Lion theme at first either, since it’s an annoyingly overplayed trope, but once you get indoctrinated it brings a level of swag and arrogance that a lot of the other teams miss out on. You might not like it from afar, but on the inside it’s a locker room like none other.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enorama said:

Anyone want to step in to defend their team? Sway my rankings somehow? Call for my head? Sound off, go ahead.

I only want to defend my name...

5. Seattle Predators @AndrewWarren13

This ain't right.... 😢

• Sad 1

Exactly the type of place I'd be flying to place 12.5% of my league in, for sure.  

Accounts for 26.2% of the Nations cheese tho... #NoCheeseLife4You

The only exciting thing to happen in Wisconsin so far in the 21st century was when that Senator campaigned to remove a bunch of union rights in the state.

What a shit show that was.  But that was actually the Governor with the Senate backing.

This is no knock on Wally but man this might be the most unappealing team in the league on a purely aesthetic level.

Just drink our beer first... I mean that solves all aesthetic issues you may have.  8 > 1.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TacticalHammer said:
  • MMFLEX
  • Athletic Director
  • AD.png.bf365136fdf05940461109c4289c38d7.

#blameTurner

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Enorama said:

6. Los Angeles Reign @Alecbama

Sorry alec, I liked you as my AD in 'Bama but that isn't enough to outweigh the fact that the idea of the L.A. Reign is boring as hell to me. Every regal lion logo looks the same to me and Los Angeles is not an inspired city by any stretch of the imagination, but at least it isn't in Wisconsin. This is the tipping point in the list where everything worse is bad, everything better is good, but this one is just equally good and bad. The pinnacle of mediocrity.

you forgot to name the main reason though

LA isn't even the best Reign in the sim leagues

• That's Lit! 3

14 minutes ago, hedgehog337 said:

you forgot to name the main reason though

LA isn't even the best Reign in the sim leagues

That is also very true.

People who talk shit about Wisconsin being boring have never been here. 

Because I’ll have you know, it’s more boring than you think it is.  

3 hours ago, MMFLEX said:

#blameTurner

Now I’m going to wait longer 

8 minutes ago, Turner said:

Now I’m going to wait longer 

Fine fine fine... Nobody to blame but myself.

Spoiler

#blameTurner

13 hours ago, Alecbama said:

Tbh I wasn’t crazy for the regal Lion theme at first either, since it’s an annoyingly overplayed trope, but once you get indoctrinated it brings a level of swag and arrogance that a lot of the other teams miss out on. You might not like it from afar, but on the inside it’s a locker room like none other.

it really is a great brand

4 hours ago, Bushito said:

Come get the full Bushito @Enorama

O.O What exactly does going to get "the full Bushito" entail? Not gonna lie it sounds dirty...Just what are you doing to @Enorama Bush? lol

unclear questions GIF

• Haha 1