:brigade:

EFL SEASON 12 CHAMPIONSHIP

:SEA:
Date Friday, March 10th, 2019
Time ~7pm BST
Presenter @CptMatt

Media Hub

Has their been less hype this season?

Upon looking for content to populate this media board, it became clear that there was a distinct lack of Championship related content. Is this the new standard? Has the hype train derailed for the EFL? Thank god for ChemicalFire Designs making non-player specific graphics. More on this at 10.

Now the question is: Does the EFL championship live up to the hype this College National Championship just had?

Chocolate Thunder (Seattle DB)
How does the CptMatt Player Agency Do it?

Between Colt Cream and Matt Hunter they have attended what has to be a league record for number of Championships games. Rumours are circling that other players are looking to change their agents for some of the good juju.

Last updated 3 mins ago

Limited Edition Championship Helmets!

Designed months ago, these limited edition helmets will be getting their first action in today's championship.

Last updated 35 mins ago

Ready for this to be over and done with. I am not confident in the Brigade's defence.

Theremin McCracken (Brigade WR)

Just saying... Big game tomorrow boys.

Doak Grizzly Wisconsin GM
Dave and Dan Interview Each Other About the Draft and EFL Championship Game and Oh Man is this a Long Title Is this really gonna let me keep going?

Suspicious Dave, Tight End of the EFL Championship bound Wisconsin Brigade spills it all... Read More...

Edited by CptMatt
  • That's Lit! 2

If you're ready and you know it clap your hands.

Also keep reminding me that I am presenting so I don't got to the pub and forget. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CptMatt said:

If you're ready and you know it clap your hands.

Ready for this to be over and done with. I am not confident in the Brigade's defence.

Just now, chemicalfire said:

Is this media hub the thing you wanted bootstrap for @CptMatt? If so, it's very swanky and I like it.

That is just the beginning my dear Chemchem. ;) 

Posted (edited)

How exciting.

Also I've been advised to state that McCracken has been quoted out of context and in no way doubts the Brigades defence and their ability to play football.

Edited by chemicalfire
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Upon looking for content to populate this media board, it became clear that there was a distinct lack of Championship related content. Is this the new standard? Has the hype train derailed for the EFL? 

NCAA always been more popular because the EFL requires a longer term dedication to the site and the old guard probably need something new to get their teeth into you know?

Like in the NCAA you're aiming to do lots of updates and do well and get a good draft place. Once you're in the EFL it's kinda more of the same. Maybe something we can look at working on in the off season.

Media boards like this and being more part of the actual game day presentation could be a good way of getting people more involved in the games and invested in their player characters more. Is the EFL Network blog still a thing, maybe we need to start doing more "in world" content that interacts with user characters?

#thoughtsofchem

Edited by chemicalfire
  • Like 2

Seattle Predators

More than your average house cat.

The 10-4 Seattle Predators look to keep their offence pouncing as their number one rated defence keeps Wisconsin's high powered offence off the field. Featuring a very middle of the road offence that has emphasised one thing all season long. Efficiency. These Predators aren't sitting atop the stats lists, but they're making their impact felt, Reginald Sharkstrong RB, is only 5th in yardage by a fair distance, but has put up a league leading average ypc among runningbacks with 200+ carries, as well as sharing the number one spot for most TDs by a RB with 17.
On the receiving side of the ball the predators maintain their tradition of feeding the TE by giving the ball to Joplo Crittenden 89 times for 1114 yards, while their WR1 managed just 9 fewer yards but doing it on 24 fewer catches resulting in a 4.5 yards per reception difference.
Tactical choices aside, Seattle's offence got them into the Championship, and as we all know, defence wins Championships, and defence is where Seattle really shined.
A run stuffing duo in Dovah Kiin and Marcus Holloway (and no, I don't know why retired players get listed as being owned by VanCanWin, discover bugs every day-ay) each with over 110 tackles on the season have forced opponents to try and throw the ball on them... Straight in to the territory of the leagues leader for defensive touchdowns and joint-leader in interceptions Bo Clerk. With a defensive unit that will ruin your day no matter how you approach it Wisconsin will be in for a fight to keep their dreams alive.

Key Predators

mnvSWOt.jpg
Harlon Conneticut
Att Cmp Yds TDs
521 328 3927 20

This young QB will need to pull out all the stops to bring home the championship. He has all the tools already but has been struggling to put them all together in a more ground and pound inclined offence.

Streex.jpg
Reginald Sharkstrong
Car Yds Avg TDs
266 1236 4.6 17

While Wisconsin have a mostly poor defensive record they are 2nd in the league against the run. Sharkstrong will be looking to overpower the Wisconsin LB core and show the world why they're not first.

su5rOaz.jpg
Marcus Holloway
Tck TFL FF/FR Scks PDs
112 8 1/0 3 9

What a game to send off the future hall of famer Marcus Holloway. With his retirement already being finalised the whole team should be looking to support this outstanding player in one last push for the gold. 

#KeepPouncing

• That's Lit! 1

Now it is lunch time so Wisconsin after the break. ;D 

:brigade: 

I've written about fucking and I've written about deer, I've written about both and I know my shit gets pretty weird.

The Kings of the East, the luckiest team in the league... We shit on their feces... and well I can't do much with that.

So Hut 1... Hut 2... Wait this is just a sim...

No need to be angry... No need to cry, Sym.

Today is the day... the Championship is here. 

It's 5 o'clock somewhere and I'm ready with a beer.

@CptMatt @Turner @hedgehog337 @Pandar @chemicalfire @cosbornballboy @AdamS @SwagSloth @ADwyer87 @Dangles13 @street @124715 

#FullBattleRattle

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • FOOTBAAAAAAALL! 3

Posted (edited)

Wisconsin Brigade

Come for the team, stay for the nonsensical ramblings of Doak Grizzly.

The Wisconsin Brigade have been struggling since the start, originally the Memphis Bandits, ownership decided a fresh start was required and moved the team to Wisconsin to begin a new era. So far the move appears to have been beneficial as the team has been playing to a much higher standard and find themselves with the best regular season record they've had in all 12 seasons. While a lot of praise lands on the shoulders of GM Doak Grizzly the players have done their part to buy into the new location, fan base and system.
Their offence proudly boasts the number one passing offence in the league behind the electrifying Trent Taggert who put up a second place worthy 37 touchdowns on the season, distributing the ball to a plethora of receiving talent in Toboggan, McCracken and their young TE Suspicious Dave hauling in a combined 27 of Taggert's touchdowns. But they're not one dimensional, they also feature the 3rd best runningback for yardage in Jean-Baptiste Levesque who pounded a further 12 touchdowns onto the scoreboard.
Wisconsin's offence may be one of the best in the league but they'll face a tough time against the number one defence in Seattle, all while hoping their subpar defence can stop this Championship turning into a shootout.
Speaking of defence, Wisconsin has a lot of young talent determined to win the teams first championship, headed up by team captain Carl Lemmington and veteran safety Matt Hunter. Despite rumors of Lemmington being placed on the trade block and Hunter quickly ageing these two talents will be pushing every young player on the field to give it their all to make history for the Black and Silver.

Key Brigad... Brigadie... Pirate Skeletons

mnvSWOt.jpg
Trent Taggert
Att Cmp Yds TDs
598 398 4806 37

Taggert has been performing at a high level all season and just needs one more performance tonight to get the win. With such a high octane passing game there will be a lot of pressure on him to keep their offence going, if mistake slip in it could spell doom for this QBotY hopeful.

Streex.jpg
Theremin McCracken
Car Yds Avg TDs
83 1244 15 12

McCracken has quickly become the redzone threat for the Brigade, while not far from the level of Toboggan on yardage his endzone prowess is sure to make an impact today. Whether Toboggan draws the CB talent away or not, Theremin has proved he can make the catches where it counts.

su5rOaz.jpg
Matt Hunter
Tck TFL FF/FR Scks Int PDs DTDs
94 1 1/1 2 3 4 1

Despite being hounded by critics for having a sub-par career after being drafted 1st overall Hunter has seen his fair share of championship wins and will be looking to bring his experience onto the field to keep his teammates focused and determined.

#FullBattleRattle

Edited by CptMatt
  • Love 1
  • That's Lit! 1

1 minute ago, chemicalfire said:

Boo, why McCracken not have an image

Ghost pirate :)

Latest from the Twittefl -verse.

@WisconsinFan1
Beer... Check. Work day... Check. Level of productivity... Zilch.
@SharkStr0nkLikeRussian
Hyped as fuck!
@EFLInsider
The Seattle LR are surprisingly quiet in the run up to tonight's game... Brigade run wild on social media. #SeattleSilence
@WhatsMcCracken
Locker complete! What's in yours? #LRChallenge #SocialMediaKeepsMeScottish
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, chemicalfire said:

Boo, why McCracken not have an image

You have not set one on the manager.

I almost went with Toboggan because of this, but his image link is broken so I went back to you.

3 minutes ago, chemicalfire said:

I've added one now. Anyway to refresh?

Ha, refresh. As if these are in any way automated and I'm not just hand creating what is essentially a webpage for each post. 👀

Updated :P 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, chemicalfire said:

Also shouldn't it be Cat not Car for McCracken?

wat?

Just now, CptMatt said:

I know. I was making a funny :( 

1 minute ago, omgitshim said:

@CptMatt

Brigadiers

Matt... People expect smart from you and non-sense from me :P

Seriously though... this pre-game ❤️  Bang up job my man!

Just now, CptMatt said:

I know. I was making a funny :( 

It was funny. I just wasn't sure if it was genuine.

• Haha 1

Pushing the start time back an hour. My PC has turned itself off so I cannot sim until I get home. 😧

• Sad 1