Memphis Mambas (12-2)

:mamba:

Edited by KC Philip
  • Like 1
  • That's Lit! 2

LET'S REIGN SUPREME! :LA:

• Boring 1

giphy.gif

@omgitshim@Cornholio@Tater_Tot@Rockstar@brenstl@Snussu@DonCutta190@Evans@stevo@Tanner0512@Ty3@J.G.10@Sharkstrong

Crazy that the whole season comes down to one game, but it's been an awesome ride for us to get here! I believe that we've been the best team in the league all season, and I'm very proud of the way that all of you have repped the Mambas 🐍. Let's win one more and make history for Memphis in the EFL!

:snake:    :snake:      :snake:     :mamba::mamba::mamba:

:snake: :mamba::snake::mamba:     :snake:     :mamba:

:snake:    :snake:     :snake::mamba::mamba::mamba:

• Like 3

There will be a quick pre-game show before the game which will start around 3:40 PM Eastern Time and the actual game will kick off around 4:00 PM Eastern Time. To get some audience participation, cast your vote here for who you think is going to win the game and the results of the fan vote will be revealed during the pregame show! (Only vote once per person.)

• Like 3
  • That's Lit! 1
  • FOOTBAAAAAAALL! 1

16 minutes ago, PigSnout said:

There will be a quick pre-game show before the game which will start around 3:40 PM Eastern Time and the actual game will kick off around 4:00 PM Eastern Time. To get some audience participation, cast your vote here for who you think is going to win the game and the results of the fan vote will be revealed during the pregame show! (Only vote once per person.)

Damn this fancy. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JaysFan26 said:

Time for the underdogs to take this one!

I'd rather they not.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ANTISIMPLE said:

:LA:giphy.gif:LA:

I was saving this as my gif to use if we lost last game/today, damn you ANTI 🐍

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsqb101 said:

I was saving this as my gif to use if we lost last game/today, damn you ANTI 🐍

sorry, i was just giving you a preview of our gameplan. 

Image result for Kill the head, the body will die

Edited by ANTISIMPLE

I'll cheer for Memphis today, they'll never reach another finals after New York retakes control of the East

• Haha 1
  • That's Lit! 1
  • Eyes 1

37 minutes ago, oilmandan said:

I'll cheer for Memphis today, they'll never reach another finals after New York retakes control of the East

welcome to the honorary 🐍 club for the day

• FOOTBAAAAAAALL! 1

54 minutes ago, oilmandan said:

San Antonio vs New York for the next 20 seasons my dude, be ready!!

• That's Lit! 1
  • Eyes 1

If you haven't yet, be sure to check out this article before the game. It gives a great breakdown of the match up between these two teams.

• Like 2
  • That's Lit! 1

:mamba:

The Memphis Mambas are our Eastern Conference representatives and the home team in the EFL Championship match up. They have looked like the EFL's most dominant team throughout the season this year. They made a statement early on with a 5-0 star to the season, suffered a small setback in the middle when they lost twice in a three game span, and then finished the season on a six game winning streak. They finished the season 12-2 with the league's best record as the only team to record double digit wins this season. This is a very well rounded team as they finished #1 in the league in both points scored and points allowed. Their hot streak continued into the playoffs as they dominated a very good New York Herd team in a 49-6 blowout. And now they will hope to cap this season off with a championship in front of their home crowd.

This will be the Mambas' first time playing in the EFL Championship game. This is just the Mambas' fifth year of existence since joining the EFL in the Season 11 expansion. The Mambas built up quickly as an expansion team as they made it to the playoffs in their second season and this is now their third playoff appearance in their five years of existence. However, this year is the first time that they have advanced to the championship. Memphis has long history in the EFL as the Wisconsin Brigade were formerly the Memphis Bandits from Season 1 to Season 9 before relocating in Season 10. However, this is the first time since Season 1 that Memphis's team is playing in the EFL championship game. With a win today, the Mambas will be able to bring Memphis its first ever EFL championship.

894282992-houston-texans-v-jacksonville-

• Like 1
  • That's Lit! 4

love that you tied us back to Memphis' history on the site and not just the Mambas, we're trying to do big things today Memphis!

• Like 1

:reign:

Our Western Conference representative and the visiting team today is the Los Angeles Reign. It was a year of transition for the Reign as they moved on from their long time starting quarterback John Smith in favor of the younger Max Byrd over the offseason and they underwent a change in general manager during the season. The Reign looked a bit shaky early on with a 1-2 start, but found their groove in the middle of the season as they would then win five of their next six games. However, they sputtered a bit at the end of the season as they would finish the regular season with a 1-4 stretch. Some thought the Reign wouldn't stand much of a chance in the playoffs after their late season struggles, but they silenced those critics with a 30-21 road victory over the Seattle Predators in the Western Conference Championship, during which the Reign never trailed. Now they are on the road once again, looking to pull off another upset and end their season with another championship. After employing a pass heavy strategy all season, the Reign took the Predators by surprise by attempting over twice as many runs as they did passes and it worked. Will they have another trick up their sleeves today?

For the Reign, this is their eighth time appearing in the EFL Championship Game. Given that it's Season 15, this means the Reign have represented the Western Conference in over half of the EFL's total Championship Games. Today, they will be playing for their fifth championship. They are currently tied with the Miami Neptune for the highest amount of championships won, but a win today would give them sole possession of first place. The Reign have been perhaps the most successful franchise in the EFL's history so far with 13 playoff appearances, 8 Championship Game appearances, and 4 championships and today they will have the chance to add another chapter to their story of dominance with another championship win. 

usp_nfl__tennessee_titans_at_pittsburgh_

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • That's Lit! 2

Before the game starts, let's hear some predictions from our analysts. For today's pregame show, we have former EFL players Boris Bonecrusher and Phoenix Hood III here to give their predictions on the game.

3765A8F400000578-3749212-image-a-18_1471

Boris Bonecrusher: I think that the Mambas are going to win this one. To make it simple: defense wins championships. The Mambas have always been known for great offenses these last few years, but this time they also have the #1 scoring defense. They have a defense loaded with playmakers and they also have the most explosive offense in the league. This may be one of the most complete teams in EFL history and I believe that the Mambas will be bringing home their first ever championship.

148a9ecf7bf88450aabebf584411facc-origina

Phoenix Hood III: I agree that the Mambas have a very strong team this season, but I actually think that the Reign will be coming away victorious in this one. I think that the Reign's championship experience will be a key factor here. I played enough playoff games against the Reign during my career to know that they always play hard when it matters most. The Reign have consistently demonstrated an ability to win big games and I think they will do that again today. The Reign have assembled what I think may be the best receiving trio in EFL history and I think that even the #1 defense won't be able to slow that group down long enough. I think that the Reign will make the big plays they need in order to get the win today.

And before we get started, let's see what our audience has to say about today's match up.

Spoiler

DixwYD1.png

The audience looks to be favoring Memphis by a wide margin as they won the fan vote 11-3

• Like 4