Sign in to follow this  
thekillamon

thekillamon Player Brands

Moore/Tarpin Update

Colin Moore

Colin has been having a surprisingly good Freshman campaign so far especially on a team that's struggling so much. In every game he has either been the leading receiver in yards or second on the team in yards. The Fighting Irish are having a rough season but Colin feels as though he is getting better and that he is taking the team into a new era of winning. Colin wasn't recruited heavily out of high school and he is surprising everyone and himself. Now he just needs to find the end zone and break 100 yards in a single game and make that the new normal to help out as much as possible.

Will Tarpin

After surprising the college football world and staying in state to go to Notre Dame Will was hoping to make an impact on a team that didn't win a game the season before. He was expecting to be one of the leading members of the secondary on the team. Unfortunately, he got brought back to Earth hard. He's been struggling to slow down anybody and has only put up stats in one game with one tackle. As Will get's better he hopes to make a bigger impact and help the team win moving forward. Will is hoping to start breaking on balls and grabbing picks but first he needs to get the fundamentals of not letting receivers get the ball first.

Tarpin/Moore Update #2

About my Interview With the South Bend Times

I'll start by saying that it was super cool to have the first interview of my college career. The reporter was super nice and I was happy to take my time with him. I did tell him that I have been a little disappointed with my play this season but everyone has been trying to make me see that I'm still making an impact on the team. I hope that moving forward I can actually make more of a measurable impact rather than just listening to other people. I also really am looking forward to how this team is going to do and I'm really excited. We have a lot of good pieces here and I know we'll be able to make them work.

About Our Win

We did it! We beat the unbeatable. Texas was undefeated going into our game and we won by 1. What a game. All I can say is that I'm proud of my team and proud of myself. We've been showing signs of improvement but they finally showed up on the field. I'm super excited for what the rest of my time at Notre Dame holds. I want to thank the ND faithful and let's get them some wins! GO IRISH!!!

Tarpin/Moore #3

I still haven't been doing great to help the team out. We're giving up a lot of yards and I'm part of that because I still haven't put up any stats besides one this season. I didn't expect college to be this much harder than high school but we've been playing guys who are going to make it to the EFL and that's showing in how I'm playing. I've been working hard to get better and I really hope it starts to show up soon for the team's sake. We haven't won any games for a couple of weeks either and the blame can go on a lot of us but I'm putting it squarely on myself.

It would really be great to be winning. I'm feeling pretty happy with my performance. I finally got into the endzone for the first time of my college career. I've been leading in receiving yards for a lot of our games this season but we're giving up a lot of points and not putting many points on the board. That's the recipe for losing. We've got to change that up to start winning games. I'm hoping our hard work starts to show up again like it was a few weeks ago. Let's go ND! Let's make it happen at least these next few games.

End of Tarpin and Moore's Freshman Season

That's a year in the books. Not sure if it was good or bad. It was definitely better than a year ago but that isn't necessarily saying much. I guess we weren't the worst team in the NCAA which is progress. I can see a lot for the future of this program though. I'm hoping that I have a much better season next year which will in turn help the team be better. I've seen the news about us and how bad we are but no one seems to be talking about the talent we have. Both Siddhu and Sticky Hands are single handedly going to make our offense awesome. Lanier and hopefully I can help out are going to make our defense better at least. There is a lot in our future it's just sort of hard to see that with how bad we've been.

The end of a tough season. It's never fun for us to have a losing season. I guess it was better than what it was a year ago. We weren't the worst team in the NCAA and hey we beat Texas who was really really good. I think for my freshman year I had a solid year. It would have been really nice to find the endzone more than once and I'm sure my team can agree that that would have helped us out. I can see a lot for our future though. Let's make it happen next season!

Tarpin/Moore Season 2 Update #1

Week 1 done. We have high hopes this season and we came out firing. We won against Bama and it wasn't that close of a game. I had a career high performance with 2 tackles (doesn't seem like much but hey it's a career high). I felt like I made an impact with disrupting passes as well. I couldn't be happier right now. Looks like all the hard work in the off-season might be paying off but I'm hoping saying that doesn't jinx us. We're starting this season off right and I guarantee we won't let the ND faithful down.

Feels good to be into another season. We came out firing with a win over Alabama. There's a lot of expectations for us to be one of the better teams this year and we're definitely starting it right. I had a good game with a career high in yards and I tied last year already in touchdowns. I'm hoping this wasn't my last time in the endzone for the season. We have some great players and our quarterback is definitely going to do his part at getting us the ball. I'm hoping we don't let the Notre Dame fans down and as always Go Irish!