Shaka

Introducing: Sports Sim Network

NSUB0yn.png
Introducing: Sports Sim Network

I'm ecstatic to introduce all of you to a major project a team and I have been working on to bring this community, and the many communities affiliated with us, together on a united front of sim sports content. As some of you may know, the SSN name is dear to me. Many years ago, I had the idea to create a singular league with four leagues inside where activity in one can earn you points in the rest. Young, overwhelmed and understaffed it was not meant to be. Now, years later, a new Sports Sim Network has been born. One created in the spirit of its predecessor and I think you're all going to love it.

So what is the SSN specifically? The Sports Simulation Network is the central hub for all of our sim league happenings. It was created with a vision of uniting the various sim leagues we love into a central location, where you check out the scores of all the games, read up on all the best articles, and further build the fan base of sim leagues as a whole. It exists to enhance the experience of all the leagues individually while at the same time providing a view into the crazy worlds of other sim leagues. We’ve all had cross-sport debates before. Who was more dominant between Gretzky and Jordan? We want you to be asking those same questions about Scotty Campbell, Trey Masters and Marcus McDyess. As the notoriety of players rises so does the popularity and intensity of the leagues. Our sim league universe is always expanding, and everyday legends grow taller and the stories get deeper. We’re here to foster and catalyze that growth. We’re here to be your Sports Simulation Network.

BS89Pop.png

• Like 13
  • Love 1
  • That's Lit! 4
  • FOOTBAAAAAAALL! 1

We are currently looking for some members who want to help us out with:

Writing
Posting Scores Daily
Social Media
Radio Shows

SSN is by the fans, for the fans so if you want to help hit me up and I'll be glad to get you involved in one way or another. Really simple to participate.

I see you opted for a different logo, thanks for informing me you were going a different route bud @Shaka.

1 minute ago, KGR said:

I see you opted for a different logo, thanks for informing me you were going a different route

This was about our 4th logo. Wasn't our first, won't be our last.

1 minute ago, Shaka said:

All good, just felt left out when you said you was going to let me know.

Great project to be a part of and excited to see where this heads in the future.

44 minutes ago, Shaka said:

Oh 😟

• Haha 2

Anyhu. Mucho excited to see this explode. Gunna add it to my daily viewing so ya'll gotta keep it full of new stuff for me to read. 👍😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CptMatt said:

@Shaka has this been announced on all the other leagues too?

Yes sir. All but VHL. Waiting for direction there.

• That's Lit! 1

52 minutes ago, DeathOnReddit said:

What about Arbin Asipi Jr in the NSFL? :(

I just haven't reached out to those leagues yet. The initial draw to do this was to build something for the network of leagues that are all built the same. New recruits who see SSN know they can make a PT for one and it count for all of them, which is at the heart of SSN. Adding the other leagues would contradict that. I don't doubt we will cover them, SHL and PBE in time when we are bigger.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shaka said:

I just haven't reached out to those leagues yet. The initial draw to do this was to build something for the network of leagues that are all built the same. New recruits who see SSN know they can make a PT for one and it count for all of them, which is at the heart of SSN. Adding the other leagues would contradict that. I don't doubt we will cover them, SHL and PBE in time when we are bigger.

Coolio. 

• Like 1

This has got me thinking why there has never been a player sim baseball league, at least that I know of. If we give each user a position player and a pitcher, you only need like 9 guys for each team.

1 minute ago, punkhippie said:

This has got me thinking why there has never been a player sim baseball league, at least that I know of. If we give each user a position player and a pitcher, you only need like 9 guys for each team.

There have been plenty of baseball player leagues. 

I ran a team called the Milwaukee Reich for a little while. 

2 minutes ago, Turner said:

There have been plenty of baseball player leagues. 

I ran a team called the Milwaukee Reich for a little while. 

Link?

1 minute ago, punkhippie said:

Link?

We are talking 6+ years ago for that one. 

There have been others though, I thought I saw COS was starting one not too long ago.