Sign in to follow this  
Turner

Thunder Brand

Not even 24 hours after news broke that Seattle Predators Head Coach Jim Leonhard would be stepping down following the Season 8 Draft, Mister Turner was fielding calls about his client, Cornerback Chocolate Thunder in a potential trade. The weekend came and went with no new news on this development, but the fire was stoked a little more this afternoon as interested parties started to call again. 

“Look folks, Thunder is content in Seattle, no scratch that, he’s happy in Seattle. Just because Coach Leonhard is moving on, does not necessarily mean Thunder is as well. That is not our call. It is out of our hands. That’s on the new GM to weigh that decision if the incoming bodies and or picks would outweigh the pure talent my client has shown throughout his NCAA and EFL career, then that is something new management will need to discuss amongst themselves. Now, is Thunder open to moving if it comes down to it? Absolutely. “ agent Mister Turner said 

To think that Thunder could be on the move is a crazy thought, but it appears as if this story has actually gained from traction. Time will tell if, or where, Thunder will be dealt. 

New Management to Ship Thunder?

When we broke this story earlier this week, we actually thought to ourselves "Could this be true? Really, could it be true?" when you need to ask yourself that in todays day and age, one would probably assume its fake news, but let me tell you folks, it seems as if it really is not. Seattle's new management must believe they can get a haul for Cornerback Chocolate Thunder because their phone has been ringing off the hook all day. Now, we have been able to track down the area codes from which these calls have been coming in from, but for the privacy of Thunder and the mystery teams, we will not be revealing that information, just know that it seems to be a "done deal" that Thunder is on the move. We need to also stress that this is NOT coming from any of the old management, more so that the new management has been engaged in all these calls and again, must feel like the haul they are going to get is worth shipping Thunder Island to a new buyer. 

We were able to catch up with Thunder briefly as he walked out of Seattle facilities, in what could be for the last time, to get his thoughts on this developing news 

"Look man, I'm happy in Seattle. I love playing for this city. I don't want people getting the wrong idea that I am behind this potential move. I am not. Yesterday was a tough loss, one that I want to build off, but at the same time, if the management thinks they can get a whole slew of bodies and/or picks for me, I am not going to get in their way. I am a professional. I will do as I am told and play my guts out for whatever city I end up in. That's all I have to say about this, thanks."

• Like 1

“Los Angeles man? God this makes me feel dirty. When I heard that LA was wanting me I can’t say I was surprised, but now that it’s actually happened...wow. It has kind of caught me off guard. It feels wrong to switch teams like this, but when it’s a trade, what can you do about that? It’s not like I left in free agency like that snake KD. But still...Los Angeles man? I need a moment to let this one sink one.” 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Turner said:

“Los Angeles man? God this makes me feel dirty. When I heard that LA was wanting me I can’t say I was surprised, but now that it’s actually happened...wow. It has kind of caught me off guard. It feels wrong to switch teams like this, but when it’s a trade, what can you do about that? It’s not like I left in free agency like that snake KD. But still...Los Angeles man? I need a moment to let this one sink one.” 

Could have been worse, you could've been traded to San Antonio

13 minutes ago, Turner said:

To be fair, the new LA GM came from the Seattle organization and was so impressed by Thunder that he just had to go and get one of his former players

Thunder Turns Down Seattle Extension

Seattle, WA - Seattle star cornerback, Chocolate Thunder has apparently told Seattle “No” when it comes to the team’s attempt to resign the corner to a long term extension, sources close to Thunder say. Adam Schefter reports “Thunder has always maintained that he would not listen to any deals throughout the season; that he always “wanted to concentrate on the season and not have the distraction of contract talks”. This new news almost guarantees that Thunder will indeed hit the free agent market this coming offseason and you can bet teams are salivating at the opportunity to sit down with the Star corner and pitch their teams to him.” 

@Tanner0512 @OnMyWings @Wheaties @Alecbama @Advantage @Wally

• Like 3
  • Surprised 1

“I’m only signing a one year deal, so teams better be ready for that.” 

That’s the word on the street this afternoon concerning pending free agent Chocolate Thunder, Adam Schefter reports. 

“A leaked tape from a pre-Championship game party has surfaced from last night with what appears to be Chocolate Thunder talking about his future” Schefter tweeted. 

“Teams want me. I know they do. I’ve been this good guy this entire time, I see the villains get paid, why can’t I be the villain for once man? I’m only signing a one year deal, so teams better be ready for that. Max money, one year. That’s what I feel I’m worth. I guess we will see if the market feels the same.” 

@Tanner0512 @OnMyWings @Wheaties @Wally @Bushito @Alecbama

Im going full diva with this thing haha. Is it Saturday yet?? 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Bushito said:

We talk Saturday, yes?

You can begin talking with free agents legally at 12:00am Central Saturday. No deals can be penned until Tuesday though. 

A Thunder Sit Down 

Now that the season has come and gone, and once again Seattle is forced to watch the championship game from home, players have packed up their lockers and headed home for the offseason. Many in the Seattle locker room gathered around Cornerback Chocolate Thunders locker and spent a few extra moments with the young corner, not knowing If it would be their last with him. The mood was a somber one, but as the locker room cleared out, the last remaining player was Thunder. He put his cleats in his bag, taking a long pause, followed by a deep breath before he zipped his bag shut, got up, and walked out. As he headed to the Seattle Media room, passing Predator staff members, a hush fell in that corridor. It was kind of creepy. It felt like someone had died. Eyes glanced towards each other, heads nodded, and no words were said as he continued to make his way to the media room. The feeling was almost as if everyone knew the writing was on the wall, and that Thunder was good as gone. 

As he sat down with us, a quick shadow walked past the room. Thunder perked up and he asked if he could have a moment. “Certainly” we said.  Thunder rushed out of the room and we only heard “Coach!”. We momentarily peaked out the door to see Thunder have a quick conversation with Ex-Predators Head Coach Jim Leonard with a quick hug before he made his way back into the room. He sat down and said “sorry” followed by us with “Nothing to be sorry about.” 

He said “Let’s get started, shall we?” 

Lets not waste any time here...another championship game loss, that’s gotta be rough. 

“It is. It’s never fun losing, but I can stand the punches in the regular season. This is the third straight year of getting an uppercut right to the bottom of the chin with a KO to go with it. It’s devastating.” 

Do you feel you’ve played your last game in Seattle? 

“Some would tell you I have. It’s a somber feeling walking out of that locker room knowing you might not see these guys again. Seattle has offered me the contract they want to roll with, and trust me, it’s lucrative, but at the end of the day I need to not only do what’s best for me, but for my family as well. I need to explore my options for them as well here.” 

Are you concerned what people will think about you if you do leave? 

“Maybe a little, but at the end of the day, I am doing what’s best for my family and myself, not them. Words are going to be said regardless of where I go or if I stay. If I go to somewhere like Miami or LA, I’ll be compared to Kevin Durant, a snake like some losers say. It weighs on me a little, but you can’t let it get to you.” 

Do you feel Seattle is doing enough to warrant your return? 

“Of course, they’re going to do everything in their power to get this team set and moving forward, but it always feels like our window has closed the between trades and retirements, and now potential free agents leaving. I feel we have unfinished business here, but at the same time, it might be another rebuild only a couple seasons removed from our last one. If it’s one thing this league has taught me, it’s that things come in waves.” 

Are there any teams that you won’t give the time of day to if they come calling? 

“Of course not. You can’t hold grudges or play favorites. Am I fully expecting every team to call my agent? I am. But if they don’t, I’m not gonna hold that against them, and just because you have beaten my socks off in the past doesn’t mean I’m going to turn my nose up to your offer. Again, we will entertain every offer and in the end, do what’s best for my family and myself. With that said, it would be awesome to play with some of these young guns like Blade @LattimoreIsland or Clerk @AndrewWarren13, but That’s not what I’m going to be sold on.” 

Thanks for the time Thunder, and best of luck with your free agency endeavors

“Thanks.” 

As Thunder gets up, he grabs his bag, and again those thoughts come flooding back...is this the last time we see Thunder at Seattle facilities? 

Edited by Turner
  • Like 1

Thunder Decides

Cornerback Chocolate Thunder has apparently made up his mind early  on his future. 

“I had this vision of grandeur in my head for a while now. Once this team came to me and I saw what they’ve been doing, I knew I wanted in.” 

Cryptic much? 

Anyways if you haven’t heard a confirmation from Thunder by now, you’re too late. 

“I appreciate all the offers and the time GMs spent on me, and it’s been a tough decision for sure. You never want to tell anyone no, but I guess In The end I asked for this, wanting to be a free agent.” 

@Bushito @OnMyWings @Alecbama @Wally @Wheaties @Tanner0512

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Thunders Pens Extension 

San Antonio, Texas - The Wolfpack have avoided Cornerback Chocolate Thunder from hitting free agency as they recently announced they have resigned their Star corner to another one year deal worth upwards of six million. Thunder has already won one Cornerback of the Year award and looks to add his second as he broke the EFL interception record this past season, then ended up tied with Richard Sherman. Thunder also added 3 defensive touchdowns, also a new EFL record. “Anytime you can lock up a player of Thunders caliber, you are going to ecstatic.” Wolfpack Head Coach said. “This is no exception. We knew what we were getting with Thunder when he came here in the offseason and he has delivered. We are absolutely looking forward to at least one more season of this dominance.” He concluded.  “I’m happy with the deal.” Thunder himself said “Last season I came into free agency not knowing what I wanted. The Wolfpack threw their pitch at me and I was floored. We’ve gelled together nicely and have a Chance to win a championship. I wanted to build on that and win multiple with San Antonio. The atmosphere here is electric. The fans have stuck with this team for many seasons now and to help bring them, and this city, their first playoff berth and first Western Conference regular season title feels good. But we’re not stopping here. We are hungry.” He wrapped up with. Getting Thunder locked up for one more season is certainly a great feeling and will most certainly make other teams groan as they miss out on this generational talent like Thunder. 

Is a Distraction brewing in San Antonio?

Two-Time Cornerback of the year winner, Chocolate Thunder, is reportedly set to become a free agent again this offseason and enter the Expansion draft, Adam Schefter reports. 

“I am starting to hear rumblings and chatter around the San Antonio camp that star corner, Chocolate Thunder, may be on his way out. The fact that this is surfacing now brings us to question whether or not this will become a distraction for the Wolfpack moving forward as they continue to make a push in their pursuit for back to back Championships.” 

Thunder generally lets rumors like these play out in the media, while keeping the actual plans close to the vest and only informing who needs to know the course of action, so this could just be someone in the media got wind and is running with it to start something, or there may actually be a fire here where the smoke is starting to show. Time will certainly tell what happens here, but once teammates get wind of this, it may start to cause a distraction on what Thunder will be doing and not on the task at hand of winning another championship. 

• Angry 1

Chocolate Thunder usually spends Christmas Eve throwing an extravagant Holiday party for teammates and celebs alike, but this season was different. “Normally we open gifts on Christmas morning like everyone else, but my boys are now at the age that they suspect Santa doesn’t exist. Coupled with that and my desire to just keep my mind off of football for this week, we all decided to forgo the Holiday party this year and start a new tradition of opening gifts on Christmas Eve. My parents used to do this for us back in the day, and it’s great for the kids who get to open their gifts a little earlier than they’re used too. I got my boys a new Xbox One and EFL 19, so it was a lot of fun taking turns and playing each other. They still get excited when they see my name and number out there on the field in the video game, it’s a lot of fun. I’m glad we decided to do this this season. “. Thunder, who in recent weeks, has been rumored to be on the block for the expansion draft did not want to answer questions pertaining to that, or football. “I’d like to just get my mind off of all of this and just concentrate on my family if you don’t mind.” He said “it’s going to be a distraction moving forward and the league was kind enough to give all of us this week off, so I’m going to make the most of it and spend it with my wife and my boys.” He finished. 

Thunder Inks Another Deal

San Antonio, TX - We previously reported that cornerback Chocolate Thunder was toying with the idea of entering the expansion draft, or trying to test free agency again, but it seems that some of that noise has been put to rest as Thunder has signed another one year extension to remain in San Antonio. Now, the corner COULD still be put up in the expansion draft, but hitting the open free agent market is officially off the book. Thunder either remains with San Antonio, gets taken in the expansion draft, or doesn’t get taken in the draft and comes back to San Antonio anyways. It’s a win-win situation for San Antonio at this point who doesn’t owe anything to Thunder to put him up for the draft, but very well could and this is just their way of having some protection with the corner if for some reason he makes it through the draft without being selected. 

Mantis Breaks an EFL Record

Seattle, WA - It was widely suggested coming into this season that the Predators would have an explosive offensive attack, but I don’t think anyone saw this coming...Predator Wide Receiver Mantis Toboggan MD has broken the EFL Record for most Receiving touchdowns in a season, which was at 16. Mantis is currently at 19 with another game to play. It might be worth to note that this record was considered one of the untouchables, but San Antonio wide receiver Colt Cream is currently sitting at 15 of his own and could very well eclipse 16 as well. With how the passing game has evolved in this league, we cannot sit here with a straight face and say that even 19 touchdowns now will never be touched, because it very well could fall, but for now Mantis will enjoy the view from the top. 

In case you have been under a rock, let us update you on the recent news surrounding cornerback Chocolate Thunder and his best friend, Wide Receiver Mantis Toboggan MD. 

Both players recently attended the EFL Awards show as both were nominated for a handful of the awards this season. Thunder was once again in the running to take home the Cornerback of the Year trophy, and in addition to this, was also in the running for the Best Return Man award while Mantis was projected to take home the Wide Receiver of the Year honors. Thunder would fall just short to winning both awards, and controversy surrounded the unveiling of the Wide Receiver trophy as the awards show host prematurely awarded Colt Cream as the sole winner. It would later be determined that the ballot was indeed a tie between Mantis and Cream, although Mantis did receive more first place votes. 

“It’s an honor to just have been nominated.” A smiling Mantis said “We had some great competition out there this season and while you would like to be lone winner of awards like these, it’s still a great honor to share the award with someone as dominate and great as Cream.” He concluded. 

In other EFL news, it was being reported that Chocolate Thunder would be headed to the expansion draft, but when he suddenly signed a one year extension with San Antonio, the rumor mill began to churn again with trade talks. It was said that Wisconsin, Seattle, and New Orleans were in contention to land the corner, but in the end it came down to only Seattle, lining up with the wishes for Thunder. 

Thunder had the following to say, “I left Seattle because I was tired of coming up short. I wanted a new challenge and that challenge was to help turn San Antonio around. And we did. But I always had this feeling in the back of my head and in my heart that I felt I did Seattle wrong. I wanted to come back home. I’m glad San Antonio and Seattle were able to work something out and in the end, acting civil about this whole thing got everyone exactly what they wanted.” 

Thunder Makes a Commitment

Seattle, WA - Seattle Predators Cornerback has made it clear to team officials and those close to him about what when his future retirement might take place, and now, he is letting the public and the media know the extent of those plans. 

“2,000. That is officially my goal. 2,000 practice hours. Holloway hit it, And I am going to be the next to hit it.” Thunder said in an interview Wednesday evening “It will be a grind these next few seasons to get there for sure, but I feel I can do it. If I play through Season 16 I feel I will be right on the brink of that milestone. Hopefully I am not shitting my pants or anything else crazy out there with how old I will be haha.” He concluded. 

So there you have it Seattle and EFL fans, Thunder says he is not calling it quits for at least another five seasons, including S

season 12. So, do you think he can hit 2,000 TPE or is he going to come up short? Will he stick with this commitment through season 16, or is he going to change his mind a hundred times over? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Chasing the Money 

Madison, WI - When free agent wide receiver Mantis Toboggan decided to test the free agent waters he made it clear that he was looking for an incentive laced deal that was going to the show the leagues teams that not only did he want to hit a payday in free agency, that he was also showing then he believed in himself, and that he would earn an extra portion of his contract based on his ability to break down barriers he set out. 1,100 receiving yards and 12 touchdowns would net him an additional $1,000,000($500k each). In the end he decided to sign with the Brigade, who are out to a quick 4-0 start in season 12, but how is Mantis faring with his goals? Through three games Mantis was leading the league in receiving yards, but fell off a little in their fourth game and as a result slid down the leaderboard, but he still has a respectable 373 receiving yards and 4 touchdowns. With 10 weeks left to play, Mantis is definitely still on track to reach his Touchdown goal, and with with how fast this Wisconsin offense can explode for points, Its not out the realm of possibility that Mantis hits this with multiple games to spare. Currently Mantis is averaging 93.25 yards per game, and to hit 1,100 over the course of 14 games, you need to average just under 79 yards per game, so he is well on pace for that. Time will certainly tell if the Philadelphia native can reach both his goals and if he can help Wisconsin get over the hump and bring home a championship. 

Update: Mantis had 132 receiving yards(but 0 touchdowns) in today’s Week 5 game, so this now puts him at  505 on the season and with 9 weeks to go, he needs to average only 66 yards a game moving forward to surpass 1,100 yards. He still needs 8 TDs to surpass his goal of 12, and only has 9 games in which to do it. That will be interesting to keep an eye on. 

Edited by Turner

Chasing the Money Part Two

Madison, WI - Last week when we took a look at how Wisconsin Brigade Wide Receiver Mantis Toboggan M.D. he needed 595 yards and 8 touchdowns to reach his goals built into his contract. Now with another two weeks tacked on, let us see how he is, or is not, faring. 

Week 6: Miami Neptune @ Wisconsin Brigade

6 Receptions, 61 yards, and 1 Touchdown

Mantis actually needed to average 66 yards a game after week 5, and fell a little short here, but the important part is he maintained his touchdown clip. He now needs 534 yards and 7 touchdowns in eight games to break his goals. 

Week 7: Seattle Predators @ Wisconsin Brigade

7 Receptions, 99 yards, 0 Touchdowns 

Mantis eclipsed his now 66.75 needed average, but failed to find the end zone in what was a tough offensive day for the Brigade. Mantis now sits at 665 yards on the season and only 5 touchdowns. With only 7 games left Mantis now needs to average only 62 yards a game, but  now needs a big game or two, but minimally he can only afford one more game without a touchdown if he snags one per game moving forward. In the Wisconsin offense that has seemed to stall in recent weeks, he will need to be a key ingredient in getting it back on track.