Sign in to follow this  
TacticalHammer

#LonghornsGiveBack

Each season, the Texas Longhorns will select a charity to support, with a donation made by the Athletic Director at the end of the season.

Context: http://efl.network/topic/8036-longhorns-give-back/

Season 12

Charity: American Foundation for Suicide Prevention @Snussu

Scoring System: $0.01 per tackle and catch

Donation: $9.38

Donation matched by @Sharkstrong!

Proof: 

Season 11

Charity: Diabetes Research Institute @jmoney

Scoring System: $0.20 per touchdown, and $0.10 per INT

Donation: $7.80

Donation matched by @Nykonax!

Proof: https://imgur.com/a/3zs3LyQ

Season 10

Charity: AbleGamers @JaysFan26

Scoring System: $0.10 per sack, $0.20 per defensive turnover forced, and $0.30 bonus if the turnover is returned for a TD

Donation: $8.30

Proof (Donation in USD): https://imgur.com/a/9GPQ7Jk

Season 9

Charity: ALS Societies of Canada/Alberta @TacticalHammer

Scoring System: $0.25 per touchdown scored

Donation: $8.50

Donation matched by @Sharkstrong!

Proof: https://imgur.com/a/Qw4ewne

lJ0bgMy.png

Edited by TacticalHammer
  • Like 1
  • That's Lit! 2

Our Texas Longhorns had a relatively successful season, falling to the Oregon Ducks in the Western Conference playoffs. Including that game, we put up 34 touchdowns this season, good for a $8.50 donation to the ALS Societies of Canada and Alberta! Special thanks to our TD scorers: 

Trent Taggert, 14, @Wally

Reginald Sharkstrong, 11, @Sharkstrong

Crowbar Theeks, 7, @DWill

TFC, 4, @Quik

Bolt Vanderhuge, 4, @Kayfabe

Theremin McCracken, 3, @chemicalfire

Drew McPewPewPew, 1, @MMFLEX

Skipper Williams, 1, @ManningTypeAim

Stay tuned for the offseason, when I'll randomly draw which Texas player will get to pick our charity for next season!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

For season 10, every active member of the Longhorns roster was assigned a number from 1-11 (based on their order on the roster page). @DWill was the first winner, but he has withdrawn in favour of a redraw, so, using Google's random number generator, this year's selection of charity will be made be...

@JaysFan26!

Please let me know your choice of charity by Tuesday, November 27. Or if you don't wish to make a choice, let me know and I'll redraw. 

Edited by TacticalHammer

@JaysFan26 has chosen AbleGamers as the charity. They work to modify video game controllers/computers/consoles/etc. to help people who otherwise wouldn't be able to play video games due to disability or injury. Having a release like gaming can be important in reducing the stress and boredom that people suffering from these conditions go through every day.

https://ablegamers.org/

Edited by TacticalHammer
  • Like 3

Our Texas Longhorns had one of our most successful seasons ever, falling in the last seconds to Michigan in the NCAA final championship. Including the playoffs, our defense put together 27 sacks, and 28 turnovers, for a donation of $8.30 to AbleGamers! Special thanks to our stud defenders (not including bots): 

Rodney McGinest @Boss: 8 sacks, 1 fumble recovered

Ekong Okafor @JaysFan265 sacks

Luke Cafferty @jmoney: 6 INTs

Jeff Sanchez @Quik: 1 fumble recovered, 5 INTs

Skipper Williams @ManningTypeAim: 1 fumble recovered, 4 INTs

Perrin Night @OnMyWings: 1 sack, 1 INT

Damien Reed @DeathClutch19: 1 sack, 1 INT

Jackson Gser @Ty3: 1 sack, 1 INT

Jumbo Danzig @Kayfabe: 1 INT

Stay tuned for the offseason, when I'll randomly draw which Texas player will get to pick our charity for next season!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

For season 11, every active member of the Longhorns roster was assigned a number from 1-11 (based on their order on the roster page). Using Google's random number generator, this year's selection of charity will be made be...

@jmoney!

Please let me know your choice of charity by Saturday, February 2nd.

• Like 2

@jmoney has chosen The Diabetes Research Institute as our charity for this season. The Diabetes Research Institute leads the world in cure-focused research. As one of the largest and most comprehensive research centers dedicated to curing diabetes, the DRI is aggressively working to develop a biological cure by restoring natural insulin production and normalizing blood sugar levels without imposing other risks. 

In the spirit of his players, this season the donation scheme will be $0.20 for every touchdown scored and $0.10 for every interception. So offense and defense will be contributing!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Missing the playoffs for the first time in my tenure as AD was a disappointment. The sting is slightly mitigated by the fact that I get to tally up the #Longhornsgiveback donation for this season. Our Longhorns put up 34 touchdowns and 10 interceptions for a donation of $7.80 to the Diabetes Research Institute! Special thanks to all the players who helped build this total: 

Matt Saracen @jmoney: 14 TDs

Crowbar Theeks @DWill: 18 TDs

Waffler Goodpancake @Sharkstrong: 1 TD

Bolt Vanderhuge @Kayfabe: 5 TDs

Jonathon Gallop Jr @ManningTypeAim: 4 TDs

Tachyon Luminosity @Gilgamesh: 3 TDs

Terry Fitzgerald-Crews @Quik: 2 TDs

Perrin Night @OnMyWings: 3 INTs, 1 TD

Jeff Sanchez @Quik: 2 INTs

Luke Cafferty @jmoney: 2 INTs

Ekong Okafor @JaysFan26: 1 INT

Noah Jacobs @Nykonax: 1 INT

Skipper Williams @ManningTypeAim: 1 INT

Edited by TacticalHammer
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Posted (edited)

For season 12, every active member of the Longhorns roster was assigned a number from 1-11 (based on their order on the roster page). Using Google's random number generator, this year's selection of charity will be made by...

@Snussu!

Please let me know your choice of charity by Saturday, March 23.

Edited by TacticalHammer
  • Like 1

@Snussu has chosen: the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, an organization that educates people about suicide and its prevention, they also save lives and help those affected by it. I chose it since I think suicide prevention is a important thing and serious matter. I personally have a friends that have thought about suicide, but have turned their life around from it.

https://afsp.org

This year we'll reward the non-splashy plays that lead to success, with donation money earned for tackles and catches!

• Like 1

My first time falling under .500 made for a frustrating season, but at least our team stepped up when it came to our charitable campaign! As a team, we recorded 264 catches and 674 tackles this season, for a total donation to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention of $9.38! Special thanks to all the active players who helped build this total: 

TJ Hendrix - 79 catches @TJH

Terry Fitzgerald-Cruz - 35 Catches @Quik

Noah Hartmann III - 45 catches @Noah

Tachyon Luminosity - 27 catches @Gilgamesh

Waffler Goodpancake - 10 catches @Sharkstrong

Paul Unkhippie - 105 tackles @TacticalHammer

Ekong Okafor - 82 tackles @JaysFan26

Jackson Gser - 81 tackles @Ty3

Noah Jacobs - 75 tackles @Nykonax

Jeff Sanchez - 67 tackles @Quik

Luke Cafferty - 57 tackles @jmoney

Lee Chong - 37 tackles @Snussu

Safety Guy - 11 tackles @Esso2264

For season 13, every active member of the Longhorns roster was assigned a number from 1-16  (based on their order on the roster page). Using Google's random number generator, this year's selection of charity will be made by...

@jhatty8!

Please let me know your choice by Saturday, May 18.

• That's Lit! 1