Sign in to follow this  
TheLastOlympian

TLO Player Brands

Shawn Brady just recently signed on the dotted line with Notre Dame and will be heading to South Bend for the upcoming season and the following 3 after that. Brady tends to be a 4 year NCAA player as long as the NCAA will have him. It was a very interesting two days which saw 3 teams have interest in him. Ultimately, it was down to the Notre and everyone else because that team was in need of QB in the worst way possible. Now after all that fuss, Hopefully Brady can prove to be a decent player.

Shawn Polomalu on the other hand has received 1 offers to play for a team. Which is interesting because I thought defense was always in demand. However, this could be due to teams not having enough spots but we shall see. We have seen Brady talks take awhile to heat up, so now let's see how fast Polomalu talks heat up. Polomalu would also be a 4 year NCAA player so hopefully talks heat up soon. Overall, the last two days have been pretty fun here in the EFL. There has been some drama unfolding, EFL Draft is happening, Free Agency. It has been good yes.

1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish @Turner

2. Oregon Ducks @AndrewWarren13

3. Alabama Crimson Tide @Alecbama

4. LSU Tigers @Tanner0512

5. Miami Hurricanes @CptMatt

6. Texas Longhorns @TacticalHammer

7. Michigan Wolverines @LattimoreIsland

8. USC Trojans @Daybe

Someone interested in my Free Safety or was it Strong Safety? IDK, he's a Safety anyways. 

Edited by TheLastOlympian
  • Like 3

Shawn Brady is patiently waiting for the NCAA season to start as he is pretty excited to get his career at Notre Dame going. Brady has some big shoes to fill considering the team has been known for losing. In the next 4 seasons, Brady looks to change that around as Notre Dame right now as it stands has a career record of 50-76 and a playoff record of 1-3 and 0 National Championships. That is pretty tough and the team is ranked 7th out of 9 teams with the 9th team being inactive. So it will be a tough climb but Brady thinks, he can do it.

Shawn Polamalu on the other hand joins a Michigan Wolverines squad who is ranked 4th with 2 National Titles and a record of 51-47. The Wolverines are a different than Notre Dame and they look to have a lot of battles in the upcoming season. Not saying I am not interested in him but Brady is my main focus for the most part as he will be a QB and it is safe to say that position is a lot more important.

I can't wait for the NCAA season to start. Does anyone have a exact date for this?

Different Ends of the Spectrum

Shawn Brady and Shawn Polomalu are on different ends of the spectrum when it comes to their NCAA careers so far. The Michigan Wolverines are 3-0 while playing great football on both offense and defense. 97 points scored over 3 games to just 47 points against. Polomalu on the other hand is simply doing what is asked of him with just 8 tackles on the year and not much else. Overall, he is helping where he can when he can on a loaded team.

Shawn Brady on the other hand is playing for the 0-3 Notre Dame Fighting Irish. The lowly team has scored just 13 points over 3 games and no offensive touchdowns. Not what you want to see from a QB. Brady has just 22 completions on 58 attempts for 309 yards. Brady has thrown 3 INT's so far as well. Not looking very good for Mr. Brady. He thinks though as the team starts to slowly get better and get more recruits especially on the WR side of things (just 2 WR on the roster), Brady and his stats will get better. That is the hope anyway.

Either way things are starting slowly for my two players but that is to be expected by freshman with under 100 TPE.

Shawn Brady is slowly but surely improving on the season as the Irish won a game against the Alabama Crimson Tide this past week. He is still one of the worst QB's statistically but that can be traced to having one or two non bot receivers on ND. Brady has thrown 67 completions on 134 attempts which is a 50% completion rate. Brady has thrown for 737 yards which makes him the only QB in the NCAA to have less than 1000 yards but he will get there this season for sure. Brady has also thrown 2 TD's to just 3 INT's which isn't good but when you start the season with 3 INT's to get 2 Passing TD's feels pretty amazing right now. Overall, it was a lot of growing up to do in 6 games so far but Brady is handling it the best he can. Look for future improvement.

Shawn Polomalu on the other hand has recorded 19 tackles this season with 1 pass deflections. Wait until next week when Polomalu really takes off as he will get a pretty big boost from practice hours. This will already help a undefeated Michigan Wolverines squad who are currently 6-0 this season with big wins over Oregon and Texas so far this season. Polomalus improvement should cement this team as a favorite for the championship.

• Like 1

Shawn Brady keeps moving up the passing yards chart this time breaking into the top 8 in 8th spot passing Alexander Saint Sebastian of the Miami Hurricanes. Brady has the lowest completions out of the QB's in the league but that can hardly be all attributed to Shawn Brady as his receivers have been dropping a lot of passes. Brady has thrown for 1,474 yards on 118 completions for a 49.4 completion percentage. Brady has thrown for 7 TD's and 7 INT's which isn't the greatest but that is also the lowest INT's this season amongst QB's.

Shawn Polomalu on the other hand is slowing making his way up the defensive leaderboard for tackles as he has 33 tackles in 9 games for about 3.6 tackles per game. He also has 1 Pass Deflection this season. Polomalu and Brady play for two different teams as Michigan is leading the NCAA with a 7-1 record while the Notre Dame Fighting Irish just picked up win number 2 on the season against LSU.

Overall, both players in the TLO agency are looking pretty good and look to have 3 more wonderful seasons in the NCAA for their respective teams.

Shawn Brady struggled to start the season but he is slowly finding his stride and has passed Alexander Saint Sebastian for yards thrown this season which seemed impossible. Brady just played his best game throwing for over 200 yards I think it was and had 1 TD in a 33-30 win against Texas. Overall, Brady has thrown for 1,836 yards, 9 TD's, 8 INT's and has a 71.4 QB Rating. Brady only completes 52% of his throws but if you go back and watch the tape, you will see his receivers drop a lot of passes. I can't wait to see what Brady does next season after this huge QB class of Logan Crawford, John Smith, Harlan Connecticut and Trent Taggert moves on this season.

Shawn Polomalu is doing decent in Michigan, however the team has been struggling to win as of late after a 7-0 start. Polomalu has 39 tackles in 11 games with 1 Pass Deflection. He has not had the impact he though he would have and as soon as he got 'updated' the Wolverines have started to struggle. It has been interesting as of late but what can you do right? Hopefully Polomalu and the Wolverines figure it out and finish the season strongly.  

Shawn Brady just ended his freshman season in the NCAA with the Notre Dame Fighting Irish. Brady threw for 2,476 yards while throwing 13 TD's to 12 INT's. Not the most successful season by any stretch but one good enough for a freshman who only expects to get better in the coming years. Brady has 3 more seasons left to win a NCAA championship and that will hopefully come at ND. Brady finished 6th in passing yards, 6th in TD's and 4th in INT's.

Shawn Polomalu also ended his season with the Michigan Wolverines and will be playing playoff football. Polomalu helped his cause by recording 61 tackles, 1 INT and 2 Pass Deflections. This is pretty decent stuff as the only Strong Safety on the roster for Polomalu. Those numbers should only go up as the seasons progress for Polomalu who could declare for the EFL Draft as early as next season if he ends up winning the NCAA Championship this season or he might stay all 4 seasons. Who know's what the plan is with these players. They could be on the move as soon as they reach the pinnacle of NCAA Football or they could go for NCAA Career Records.

The playoffs started today and the Michigan Wolverines won a nail biter over the Alabama Crimson Tide with a 30-28. Polomalu didn't factor much in the game at all with just 2 tackles and nothing much else to show for his game. He will need to step his game up if he wants to win the NCAA Championship on Friday. Who will they be playing? Let's find out. Just looking at the game, it looked like a blowout win for Texas over the Oregon Ducks.

So the Texas Longhorns vs Michigan Wolverines to take the NCAA Championship on Friday. Either the Wolverines will be not up to task because this huge come from behind win over Alabama Crimson Tide took it out of them or the Longhorns will come in thinking they will team roll the Wolverines and end up being too over confident and lose or we will have a close game. Hopefully it is Longhorns being to over confident or a close game. A blow out is not something anyone wants to see. So let's see what happens on Friday. 

Good Luck to Texas. It has been a fun first season in the NCAA for both Brady and Polomalu. Can't wait until next season

Shawn Brady and Shawn Polomalu are about to max out at 199 TPE in their 2nd seasons in  the NCAA. Polomalu has already reached the top of the mountain with a S10 NCAA Championship win with Michigan over Texas. However, now Brady is chasing the NCAA Championship while Polomalu might start looking toward career NCAA records for a Strong Safety or Safety in general.

Polomalu has a long way to go as he is at 61 career tackles which is a far cry from the 458 which is held by J. Crettenden. Brady on the other hand had a decent enough 1st season in the NCAA with a 2,578 yard season which is still 13,000 yards behind Martin Isaac but it is doable if Brady can have a huge breakout season. Touchdown Passes may be out of reach though with just 13 TD's in his first season, he would have to get 110 TD's in the next 3 seasons to even just tie Isaac. However, that doesn't mean we won't try for it.

Overall, My first season in the EFL NCAA has been a ton of fun. It is something I haven't done before and that is stay active for a full season in the EFL. Here is to 3 more seasons like this one.

This season hasn't gone as I'd plan for Shawn Brady and the Notre Dame Fighting Irish as they are 2-2 on the season with wins against Oregon and Michigan who are the top teams in the NCAA but have losses against the USC Trojans and Texas Longhorns, go figure. Shawn Brady has had a trying season with 681 yards with 2 TD's and 3 INT's. Not what I expected with a 199 TPE QB who is capped. It is what it is though.

Shawn Polomalu on the other hand plays for the now 3-1 Michigan Wolverines. Through, 4 games, he has 27 tackles, 2 Forced Fumbles and 1 Fumble Recovery. Pretty decent stats for a Safety.

I haven't decided if I will play for 2 more seasons or uncap next season. I accomplished a lot of what I needed to do with Polomalu who has won a NCAA Championship. Do I stay in the NCAA to try win defensive player of the year? Do I wait until Shawn Brady wins a title and move on or chase NCAA records? It is one I will talk over with my NCAA AD's. I am having fun so far as it is nice to just coast during the season as I have reached the 199 cap.

Ahh, back to updating the players. Shawn Brady and Shawn Polomalu will be uncapping this season and that means so much to me. This will be the first time I have had two players go to the EFL where I had been pretty active throughout their careers. I reached the 199 TPE cap early in the 2nd season basically near the end of the 1st and here we are going to be 4 seasons later. I can't wait. However it sounds like there is not a need for QB's in the league so this might cause a problem for Shawn Brady. It won't matter though as someone is bound to go inactive and it won't be me. So if I keep updating that won't be a problem.

There will always be a need for defense in the EFL so I think Polomalu will be a good fit anywhere. I would be a liar if I didn't say I wasn't excited for this upcoming season. Brady has been consistent in his career and is making runs at career records while Polomalu led the NCAA in tackles last season. Can't wait to see what will happen when they uncap this season.

Things have not been going according to plan for Shawn Brady who has been struggling this season despite having all the talent to succeed. So far this season through 3 games he has thrown for just 403 yards completing just 58 percent of the time. He has also only thrown 2 touchdowns compared to 6 interceptions. It cannot be explained as to why he is struggling so bad. Maybe the Championship hangover is in full effect.

Shawn Polomalu on the other hand also has a had a slowish start. He has completed just 14 tackles and 1 sack. This a pretty far cry from the league leading 110ish tackles he had last season. The two players couldn't have picked a worse time to start to struggle then their draft seasons. With the way Brady is going he would be lucky if someone drafted him since the EFL teams seem pretty set on the QB position for the time being. Which is disappointing because I think about half the teams (wild guess off the top of my head) have GM QB's. Which is disappointing because those who create QB's would want to play that position but I guess it is oone of the positions everyone wants to play because it gets the most glory.

Shawn Brady is at a loss for words. First the season is not going as expected as the Fighting Irish are 1-4 which is not looking good in the Western Conference as both the Texas Longhorns and Oregon Ducks are 5-0. It almost seems certain that the team will miss the playoffs as the defending champs. Shawn Brady who was expected to break out in a huge way has been a big disappointment. Brady has thrown for just 668 yards and 3 touchdowns while also throwing 8 INT's. It was not supposed to go down this way but it is what it is.

Shawn Polomalu on the other hand has been playing for the East leading Michigan Wolverines who are 4-1. He led the league in tackles last year but so far has just 29 this season with 1 forced fumble, 2 sacks and 1 safety. Not bad considering the team is pretty good.

Overall, I am really disappointed in Brady but will stick it out for the rest of the year, however, I may have to look at a position switch since the leagues QB's are mostly taken. Or maybe ill just keep updating a be a backup and wait for my time to shine as one of the other leagues QB's drop out. Polomalu will have a place no matter what as he is a defensive player and defensive players always have spots.

Shawn V and Shawn Taylor are on the market looking for new NCAA teams this season. Unlike the past two players from the agency, the TLO agency announces these two players will look to make the EFL as quick as possible. This is a change of pace from Polomalu and Brady who stayed all 4 years at both Notre Dame and Michigan respectively. Both were chasing NCAA records but lost interest coming into their SR seasons and just couldn't get that momentum back.

These two players also look to be the first TLO players to make the EFL since the inaugural season. It is a long grind, I keep trying to keep interest in this league but it fails time and time again. I think it will be easier this time around with the welfare system plus going straight to the EFL ASAP. Hopefully the powers at be give me another job so I get that sweet sweet max TPE per week. However, maybe I will have to prove myself first.

Let's get this bread. 

• Like 1

Shawn Taylor has just announced his intent on going to the University on Southern California Trojans or most commonly known has the USC Trojans. Taylor chose the Trojans because they were the first team to reach out to him and that meant a lot to him. So off Taylor goes to USC. Vinatieri on the other hand had some options. First he reached out to Texas because he saw them need a kicker after bren's player moved on. He was told that he was a possibility but needed more time so when the Miami Hurricanes came calling say their kicker left and they needed a new one and was able to start right away, Vinatieri is off to Miami.

I look forward to starting my path to the EFL. I look to make it there for the first time in almost 10 seasons. Hopefully this is the time I make the EFL. If not, I think it might be time to call it quits in the EFL as I just can't stay active enough. That would be too bad since this looks like a really nice league. The people are nice and it looks like fun. However, I don't know what it is about me not being able to stay active, since I am active in the VHL and SBA. I guess time will tell.

Shawn Vinatieri comes into the season with 63 in both kicking categories. Here is how he stacks up against the rest of the NCAA Kickers:

Alabama Crimson Tide: Cody Smith 89 TPE

LSU Tigers: N/A (Bot?)

Miami Hurricanes: Shawn Vinatieri 90 TPE (93 after this)

Michigan Wolverines: N/A (Bot?)

Notre Dame Fighting Irish: Evenging Chong 205 TPE

Oregon Ducks: Bruce Brucie 199 TPE

Texas Longhorns: Lionel Bands 82 TPE

USC Trojans: DeShaun Marion 174 TPE

As it stands, Shawn V is the 4rd best kicker in the NCAA right now. Which is amazing considering he is just a freshman. The Hurricanes made a really good pickup with Shawn V as he stands to be reaching the 199 TPE benchmark fairly soon. Possibly as soon as this season ends.

Shawn Taylor on the other hand will be one of the best LBers in the NCAA as well and he joined the Trojans and their strong linebacking crew. Taylor looks to follow suit with Shawn V and break the 199 TPE benchmark as soon as possible. I can't wait for the season to start tomorrow to see how both my players play. I'm trying not to get my hopes to high but I think they will do pretty good. I guess we will find out tomorrow.

Shawn Vinatieri is having himself a decent enough season with 5 extra points made in 5 tries throughout the first two games. Add in 3 more from today's win over USC. pls making his 1st field goal which was a game winner. He made a 42 yard field goal at the 8:53 minute mark. It stood to be the game winner. Overall, Shawn V has been playing as expected, being pretty good not missing a XP and made his only FG. He has also since added punting to his game with 217 yards in the win vs USC with 1 going inside the 20.

Shawn Taylor on the other hand has recorded 9 tackles in 6 games with 1 tackle for loss and 1 pass deflections. He has been doing decent enough on his side of the field. However, one could argue that he could be doing a lot better than 3 tackles per game. Oh well, it should start picking up for him as the season goes on as he is just getting better and is just a freshman.

The future is bright for these two players. I can't to see them as the season goes on.

• Like 1

Well, it happened. Shawn V missed his first extra point kick this week. On the season, 11 for 12 on the kicks for a 91.7 completion percentage but Shawn V is still perfect from field goals, making all 4 field goals. Shawn V has made 1 from with 20 yards, 1 from 20-29 yards and 2 from 40+ yards. Not bad for a freshman kicker at all. I think after this season is over, Shawn V will be close enough to the cap to be leaving Miami. The team is 1-4 on the season which is unfortunate. I think we can still turn the season around though.

Shawn Taylor on the other hand is having himself a pretty nice season with 18 tackles, 2 tackles for loss, 1 fumble recovery, 1 sack and 2 pass deflections. I'm not a football guru but I think those are pretty nice stats for a freshman. I can't wait to see how much better he will get next season. Much like Shawn V, I think Shawn Taylor will be ready to leave the NCAA after next season. So far USC is 3-2 I think which might have them in the running for a playoff spot but they need to start picking it up. Hopefully Shawn Taylor picks up his game even more.

Overall, it has been a pretty interesting season so far, in the 5 weeks so far, I don't think I've had much to do in terms of sims as I think just once Miami played in the game of the week and USC has yet to do that. Maybe I a wrong but thats just going off memory.

The Miami Hurricanes have won 3 games in a row and are looking to make the playoffs in the Eastern Conference. The team is on a roll right now and they have an outside shot at 1st place if they keep up their current form. Shawn Vinatieri has been pretty solid all season missing just 3 kicks out of a total of 34 tries. Shawn V has made 23 of 25 extra points and 8 of 9 field goal attempts. Shawn V has made FG's from <20 yards, 20-29 yards, 30-39 yards and 40-49 yards. The only one he has missed was from 30-39 yards. He has also made 36 punts on the season with an average of 41.1 yards per punt and 4 inside the 20.

Shawn Taylor on the other hand has been solid from the linebacker position with 45 tackles, 4 tackles for loss, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery, 1 sack and 2 pass deflections. The USC Trojans though, might not make the playoffs with their 4-5 record so far which is behind the 7-2 Texas Longhorns who hold the last playoff spot. This might be a season to play spoiler though, but stranger things have happened, maybe the Trojans make the playoffs? Who knows.

The Miami Hurricanes have climbed to 2nd in the East and look to hold that spot as they play the 4-8 Michigan Wolverines and the 2-10 Notre Dame Fighting Irish. The Hurricanes are 5-1 at home but 0-6 away from Miami. This doesn't bode well for the playoffs as the LSU Tigers are also 5-1 at home and hold the 1st seed. The USC Trojans look to finish the season strong and maybe make the playoffs as the 2 seed. However it will be tough as the Trojans play the 1st seeded Oregon Ducks who are 10-2 as well as the 2nd seeded Texas Longhorns who are 9-3. It looks like unless a miracle happens.

Shawn Taylor is having himself a nice season with 64 tackles, 5 tackles for loss, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery and 2 pass deflections. He is the 2nd best linebacker on the team behind Rayz Funk. Shawn Vinatieri has made 33 of 35 extra point kicks for a 94.3 completion rate. Shawn V has also made 11 of 12 field goals including 1 from 50+, 4 from 40-49, 3 from 30-39, 2 from 20-29 and 1 from under 20. The only miss was from 30-39 yards. Overall, the freshman season from my two players have been a lot of fun.