CptMatt

​​​​​​​EFL Manager v1 is LIVE

Posted (edited)

EFL Manager v1 is LIVE.

@Shaka@Evans@evryday@Bengals1fan@Kendrick™@GoodLeftUndone@Advantage@Pandar@Doc@Denver@Molholt@Wheaties@Boss@KGR@fgh@Jiggly 333@solas@rhoades@jbearly@DrunkenTeddy@Wally@Jogn@MWHazard@Jepox@HabsFanFromOnta@Big Country@Apache_Chief@Anti-Hype@PigSnout@InciteHysteria@Green@BWestfield@-TheGodFather-@Leonidas@Stringer@timeconsumer@Splat@raycobaine@TheWoZy@CowboyinAmerica@Noble@TheLastOlympian@Effort@emidas@Turner@hedgehog337@Symmetrik@UZI®@Jogurtaa@Kronik@Bushito@DollarAndADream@duckberg@leafer@Devise@McJones@Andre@DonutDefender@gooney@Jericho@BBB@Playmaker@Merica@WinstonKodogo@HighFlyingDwarf@kspang23@lfcsf@xdave@Megatron@JMoon33@Noah@MadDog@dakiller@Puddles@124715@Aerelus@REA27@Conchoff@cb66baybee@Denver80@kingbaumii@Eoini1kenobi@Westermann@vonschiller@wongtong@OnMyWings@bob-ak-hsihs@GK12303@Trando@Beerfridge@HangryPete@Moclord@PizzaLunchables@Bentucky@TyNasty16@Gym_Shortts@sleepyvato@ChicagoKid@DWill@Mike Nutt@PaulboBrookins@Dnagel18@JimBobCooter@Leo Bonhart@b3acons@fOoTbAlL@JaysFan26@Ceed89@Graham@grantlapaz@Backflip@CptMatt@L3dSh00s@HalfOnionBagel@confusion@Jaydish72@CazCray@CoolJ@SixersFan594@crazybronco@Coach D@Doomsday@kckolbe@Mmcc13@Sullvino@ErM@okonkwoco@Darbs6@King@Spanx@Automatic@ChadHex@CloudyDay@Megster@TWarner50@motown1391@hennessy@Evolution@kingderi@YungCubby@Tanner10@rangeradesh@MTA@punkhippie@Kmarko@cosbornballboy@MoSo@Jala@stevo@Player1@TheMemeMaestro@Schultzy@TacticalHammer@Squirrel11@NPGFX@Wahls@cash@Zbi@Flyersfan1493@Elhomi@Daybe@J-Cool@Spade18@Rindiee@daybreaker@mrange@EndMyExistence@Franneboy@kiidcurry@Patton@Dermott@MonotoneCulprit@Popealope@Hartwell6@503Baller@Bazzer@Sparty1998@DeathOnReddit@EFL HOF@Shinendaf@AsipiDoYourPTs@Corco@pablo@bengreedy@Tanner0512@iamslm22@Zachary@Smarch@slim@MikeBones@Beef Mcgilicuty@cFratz@stevie_p_23@mectrome@ccecilletsplay@808tre@Moby_shark@Easybrees09@hozanek@ndeezy@Howdy@MrMcClutchman@Mihai@Michael Houston@Cperry500@SuperSaiyanZO@rciar@BigHeadedWeaver@rdh612@bork_chop@PleaseBe18@tdfast@Anderson@Pinhead20@hockeyis66@Stines@Xob@whoisthis@AdamNampers@djdrew43@CrapOnStank@ieatpie66@brucebanter@OriginalElite@omgitshim@to12143@Yurt6@JuOSu@JeromeFromKFC@AntiChris@rostheferret@Michaelslant@diamond_ace@Alecbama@Ryan DiMartino@Turner Claus@SwagSloth@jaskins811@mmfootball@Crittenden@Týr@tang@Jacob@dankoa@dkipp@J.J Machuga@Eurocap@SirSativa@OwlStrike13@TruffleButter@YEAH!@SuperSquare04@Bossen@Rizzo@Polygeekism@Anthony Ouellet@GOAT_Oubre@CultureVulture@HellbillyXIII@tzjzzj@Arthur@academydropout@masxn1@Sami K@Doc Holliday@galatix@xcakyu@Rockstar@himavf@dalalex@Quartz@IAMADUMBSPAMMER@Legend@Kdang@SRacide@Fearaen@player85@bigcraig13@POTUS2032@dangerdork204@bavarian@t-funk911@Kip Chelly@ItsDaniiel@Bkfootball@BlyGilmore@DuffG937@BigPine@Akkers@MrM00seknuckle@gcrew27@HonoluluBluLife@demalthus@azlarth@mangodictator@Kenrhee@Ben4Heisman@Gmwolford@OneTime421@Lsuboy1237@DaffyDuck@DJSkinnypimp@Benni@AndrewWarren13@j0h@r_o_bizz@pringlejon@MattMac124@ANTISIMPLE@berggrant@HonestIbe03@Joshiscute@Jetsqb101@Caiiiius@Color09@Youyourule@Jacov_Jays@Jackie Hands@easy@caddyben@LattimoreIsland@Jmgia64@thorthunder@Kruppe@StevieWonder@Johnny Harambe@taylormade@strflyr78@tylershoosh@doublepancake84@ben1501@Cannubis1993@Ramah71@George@Odysseus@Marso_829@Holst@jackson0507@Winsett_9@revlis87@Snyky@mspero21@2hvnna@mph714@karnivore@thetripb@Dexter@urlilbuttercup@Estradalife@Brotherfunk@chemicalfire@Phinsup14@Quickstar@thonk@Darren@iRA1DERS@Dea5shot@Sasquatch@Rohanm@street@Sharkstrong@Dmoney@DonCutta190@Dd33@reks@DBook@sour_chin_music@Jaden endsley@Patdatass@J.G.10@Bobo@Gleaux@BradleyJ@Hybrid1486@cedrich45@1Cddvxsdf@456fdfvfg@xvxvsd352@mtyyee653@cvbfdgr54@RapidChamp123@AnkleBreakin@gabbp4@qglaje@ztevans@jordan327@hrhcfz@AdamS@Rocky Supreme@LORMCRUNFASST@Bovejeaws@Dangles13@luisoas21@utbyjy@JenEnem03@tumipiv@Dovejeaws@Fire Hakstol@Name@StripedMaple@Kam Watkins@Dayquan Jackson@James_Peterson1@ZitoTheJonester@smfqxj@tdzipv@arjunvenkatesh@eatwittommy@Waters@unomar@elifad18@Clieejeaws@farsquishan@gpptfr@ADwyer87@Fire-Bred@jtkkvw@Food@Kayfabe@iadedi@odppap@bwjewq@fylfuu@rlujih@fhkorc@Quik@howqnm@Kisshan@KrustyKrabPizza@lfiwjo@dadyqf@ljvqju@RepTheO@Coops@yeiaio@xistand4thisx@mlpiul@BarnabyEarl@kbeayg@irwaty@fbvztj@krnlmt@aulpmg@iamagod@mvfdyy@lzgmdm@MMFLEX@Seayn@Garappogoat@Banackock@ngicuu@majesiu@xbrqov@Pierogi Tuxedo@JGilman99@oilmandan@Sova@fxnsoq@lfvfyx@jcole194@ManningTypeAim@Tater_Tot@Steve56G@james12321@Beaviss@DeathClutch19@Barracuda@Cornholio@SKOL@Ptyrell@chillzone@DB25@KG21@brenstl@ShawnGlade@nicolas01@Enorama@Gbeaird4394@opticclutch@Tomen@jmoney@Beowoof@YoungTB@JohnnyT_77@11 Eleven@BoboDaHobo@Pasta_Boi@Cooltruth20@Deity of Ice@StamkosFan@miniuzi1234@Ty3@LegoatFanboy123@Yacovetti@PrettySimple@Psanchez55@alexman22t@jkl@Bullethead@FamishedBlanket@Shaquill@FireManAV@LIL V O D AK@Beastline71@Sonnet@Kirby@Gilgamesh@Abaddon@dante@XXIIIBeast@Sokatre@SolidRoute@Ace@John rapp@OGSteele@stars101@ShouldHaveRanIt@CapnGreenGanja@TheNano74@Homeskillet@Stahlhammer@SingingHades@Nykonax@NiceGuyBadGamer@Connor_3@kermitgodteg@DilIsPickle@HarDRaiL@OUDNA@nvem132@Jeland43@FBR@jhatty8@TJH

@everyone

Yes I made an @everyone tag, no you can't use it.

AnFzeQG.png

It has been a long time coming, but the EFL Manager version 1 has launched. From this week onward, you will handle your players and updates through the manager, which I hope will make everyone's lives considerably easier going forward. For those of you who haven't followed my progress, I'll do a quick introduction explaining what this means to you.

First and foremost, this has been a project to ease the pressures on simmers and updaters in maintaining and inputting the data required for the league to operate smoothly. To help achieve this all the player data about every player in the league has been entered into a database on the manager, all your player updates will be inputted into the manager instead of the forum and once approved by our updaters will be applied to your characters automatically and will immediately be reflected on the forum profiles which will be a direct copy of your profile from the manager. New players created through the manager will have forum profiles created for them, and players changing teams or retiring will have their profiles move to their respective team forums automatically. Amongst other features the biggest aid for the league is the ability to export the player data from the manager into a format that can be imported into the game at the click of a button - no more hours spent inputting updates by myself and Wheaties, and no more opportunities for human error missing an update. 

Features

Spoiler

Creating Players - The Manage handles the creation process for you, just fill in your details, (name, hometown, position, archetype, height, weight etc.) and the system will ensure you build your character within the archetype restrictions. You can then apply your initial TPE and create your player to start your career.

Updating Players - By clicking Update from a players profile you will be taken to a clean interface to enter your point tasks and apply your TPE. The system will handle all the math for you so you don't have to! Just enter your point tasks and apply your TPE and hit save! Don't worry, if you make a mistake your update will still be there if you go back to it later (provided it hasn't been approved already!)

All Players Table - Want to find out who has the most TPE in the league? Want to see the fastest players in the NCAA? Want to make an article on the shortest players in the EFL? Fear not, the All Players Table holds all the player data for your perusal, featuring detailed filters and sortable, movable columns. Bare in mind this takes a lot of time to load all the data onto the page, due to this I am more than happy to create preset displays on request. To start this off, I've provided a preset Draftee table, showing you the crop of players that are headed to the draft that season.

Draftees! - To follow on from the draftee table, all NCAA players in their final season will automatically be added to the list, however if you're planning to enter the draft after your 2nd or 3rd season you can add your player to the draft by a button on your player profile. 

Retiring - You can set your player for retirement at any time from your player profile, but don't worry it's not immediate, you will be tagged as retirement pending and a member of BOD will have to confirm your retirement before your retirement becomes official. Even once retired you can still view your player from the All Players table with the relevant filters applied.

Approving Updates! - Updaters now have a streamlined interface for easily viewing and approving updates at the click of a button, a full explanation of the feature has already been posted to the Updaters forum.

Exports - Accessible to everyone, you can now export the player data for each league as a CSV file, great for importing into your own game, or just for doing some data crunching for articles. 

A Myriad of Admin Tools - Too many admin tools to count, along with a 4000 word document to give a brief overview on the technical aspects behind the scenes to ensure all our BOD crew can help in any situation.

Team Roster Management - Specifically for ADs and GMs and a first step toward handling all team management aspects through the manager, you will now be able to build your team and search for free agents through the manager. (Unfortunately you'll still need to do contracts and the likes on the forum, but the onus is now on you to ensure your team is set up correctly in the manager, the trade off is that you don't need to move your players around on the forum anymore ;) )

Automated Regression and CAP Calculation as well as the groundwork for new features down the line and much, much more!

When you sign into the manager for the first time your players should already be linked to your account and display accurate TPE, APE and Attributes to your most recent update.

If you are missing players, or your attributes aren't correct I will have placed an issue/bug report thread here, please post there with any issues you may have.

If your players haven't yet signed to a team or been added to the game files you will not exist.

Any players that are still in the Create A Player forum will need recreating through the manager.

If you have already posted updates for that character  you will need to create your first update with a link to your update thread, claiming the amount you've earned and applying it where you had applied it previously.

If you need help, get stuck or think we've done something wrong with linking your player post in the help thread.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING THE UPDATE DEADLINE!

Without further ado, I thank you for your patience while waiting for me to get this launched, so go log in and start using it.

M.EFL.NETWORK

Login: Your Forum Email.

Password: Your Forum Password.

Let me know if any of you have issues with logging in.

A big thank you to everyone on the BOD team who has helped me to import all the player data and link all your accounts to your players over the past few weeks.

Edited by CptMatt
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • That's Lit! 1

Please note your forum profiles will get changed to the new automatic profile over the rest of the week. 

This is gonna be so amazing. Good work to everyone involved and especially @CptMatt.

• Thanks 1

I hope I speak for the rest of the BoD when I say how proud and appreciative we are of @CptMatt. As hard as you guys have seen him work on this, you haven't seen half the effort he has put into this manager and everything else he does for this league.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, chemicalfire said:

It's alright I guess.

❤️

High praise from you ayy :P 

• That's Lit! 1

Glorious, might keep me here for EFL career and maybe even more interested in the league overall! 

• That's Lit! 1

Just now, majesiu said:

Glorious, might keep me here for EFL career and maybe even more interested in the league overall! 

I'm fully open to suggestions on things to add to ensure we're doing all we can to keep people active, so if you have any thoughts after using it for a bit I'm all ears! 

@CptMatt My only question is for new comers to the site, how do they know to create a player using EFL manager rather than following the rule book and creating a forum player? Will the rule book or is the rule book updated?

Just now, Tanner0512 said:

@CptMatt My only question is for new comers to the site, how do they know to create a player using EFL manager rather than following the rule book and creating a forum player? Will the rule book or is the rule book updated?

Yep yep yep we're working on it!

Many things to do :P 

Also can strats be changed in EFL manager or do we still continue same process of submitting strats/DC/changes to Wheaties for S12? @CptMatt

3 minutes ago, Sharkstrong said:

Added to favourites 😍

Matt's been here a long time. He should already be one of your favourites.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Tanner0512 said:

Also can strats be changed in EFL manager or do we still continue same process of submitting strats/DC/changes to Wheaties for S12? @CptMatt

Not currently.

I have a half finished feature but I gotta rework it into my next update which will be a whole big thing for teams. 

Strats and DCs still in forum posts for the time being. We can start doing them in the manager probably part way through the season.

• Like 1

Question/Recommendation for ease of use for updating.

With the manual method I can just duplicate content between my update threads because they often apply to all my players. Anyway to do this on here? Otherwise I'm having to do each player individually and the process actually takes longer for the player.

Just a thought.

11 minutes ago, chemicalfire said:

Question/Recommendation for ease of use for updating.

With the manual method I can just duplicate content between my update threads because they often apply to all my players. Anyway to do this on here? Otherwise I'm having to do each player individually and the process actually takes longer for the player.

Just a thought.

It's on my list to do ASAP.

Will add an apply to other players button on the update page as soon as I can.

• Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

VERSION 1.001 HAS BEEN RELEASED!

Change Log

- Fixed a bug with updaters modifying updates taking them to the wrong player update.

- Added peakTPE to public profiles.

- Fixed the display criteria for peakTPE.

- Hid notifications for people who don't have permission to see them.

- corrected the count for notifications to be unique players not unique users.

- corrected the link on Create A Player to actually go to create a player.

- reran the auto calculate APE function because I forgot to do it before launch which resulted in some inaccurate APE values. 

- Celebrated Danton Howlson for being the first player to be created through the manager!

Edited by CptMatt
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, duckberg said:

Day 1 Patches:

m&ms wtf GIF by M&M's Middle East

duck "was supposed to be a tester" berg 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, CptMatt said:

duck "was supposed to be a tester" berg 

I was afraid you would brick my PS4 like Anthem

Edited by duckberg