EFL News
  • ECFA: MONDAY WEDNESDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY
  • EFL: TUESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY
Sign in to follow this  
ngine4

Anigbogu and Lasley Player Brands

Picking a Team

Coming off a high school career filled with ups and downs, described in detail here, Anigbogu had a very easy recruitment process. It wasn't easy because he had been recruited by his dream school, or because a coach gave him an offer he couldn't refuse. In reality, it was a lack of choices that helped Anigbogu quickly commit to Alabama. An opportunity to play for the Crimson Tide was the sole offer star pass rushers Ziarie Anigbogu received, and consequently he committed. While he would later garner some interest from Michigan, the deal was done. Ziarie would be a member of the young Alabama defense.

As underwhelming as Anigbogu found the recruitment process, other have had it much worse. For Terren Lasley, despite finishing an incredible high school career, he found his mailbox empty. Day after day, he would check, just hoping for a single letter, just hoping that a single coach would show interest. That moment has yet to come, and as a result, Lasley remains uncommitted. He desperately desires to continue his football career into college, and is waiting for any opportunity to do so. Any school that does end up offering Lasley a scholarship won't regret the choice - the lack of offers has only further motivated the young deep threat.

• Like 1

Ziarie to Alabama, Lasley to USC

Both highly rated recruits Ziarie Anigbogu and Terren Lasley have found homes for the next few seasons. Within the past week, Anigbogu and Lasley have announced their college decisions. Neither was flooded with offers, but both are grateful of the opportunity and plan to make the most of it at this next level. We were able to speak with both of them about their decisions.

Anigbogu: "Alabama was an easy choice for me, only because it was my only chance to continue my sports career at the D1 level. No hard feelings to the other AD's as I understand many are running full programs, but I'm still going to make them regret it. The Alabama AD gave me a chance, and he won't regret it. I think I can definitely compete at this level and plan on putting in as much work as possible to make it happen. If I'm being completely honest, it was tough realizing no one in state was going to offer me, and I wasn't exactly jumping at the idea of Alabama. This is just a stop on the path to greatness though, so it'll have to do."

Lasley: "It was kind of a weird situation for me, because as many know I was debating on whether to pursue basketball or football. When I finally got my first D1 offer from USC, I couldn't refuse. The AD had gone so far as to change up some scholarships just to make some room on the team for me, and I happily accepted. It was kind of a two-way thing for me, because on one hand while I was ecstatic to being staying home in LA, it almost feels wrong because I grew up a Bruins fan. Well, UCLA didn't offer me, and I'm gonna do everything I can to help the Trojans crush UCLA for the next couple of years."

Ziare and Lasley Impressing

8 games into their freshman seasons in the NCAA, Ziarie and Lasley find themselves in very different situations. While Anigbogu currently finds himself last in the eastern conference with a poor 2-6 record, Lasley sits second in the west with the Trojans at 6--2. The team situations could not be much more difficult for the two players in the ngine4 brand, but both have impressed individually.

For the Crimson Tide, Anigbogu has shown lots of promise for becoming a great defensive player in the future. He's 9 in the whole NCAA with tackles at 54. He's also picked up 2 sacks, good for 10th on the league leaderboard. He also has one interception to his name, impressive as he is mostly a pass rushing linebacker. As a whole, he should contend for Defensive Rookie of the Year for his performance thus far.

Lasley's been more of a surprise in terms of his success. Lasley's always been a deep threat wide receiver in his career, racking up yards for his team. So far this season, he hasn't been able to do much in that category, with just 159 receiving yards and a modest average of 7.6. So while Lasley hasn't found success in his main focus, never having caught a pass exceeding 21 yards, he's had unexpected results in the red zone. He's caught 5 touchdowns for the Trojans already, good for 2nd in the entire NCAA. If Lasley can start becoming the deep threat he was anticpated to be, while continuing to be a dangerous target in the red zone, he could bloom into one of the league's best receivers.

• That's Lit! 1

16 hours ago, ngine4 said:

Ziare and Lasley Impressing

8 games into their freshman seasons in the NCAA, Ziarie and Lasley find themselves in very different situations. While Anigbogu currently finds himself last in the eastern conference with a poor 2-6 record, Lasley sits second in the west with the Trojans at 6--2. The team situations could not be much more difficult for the two players in the ngine4 brand, but both have impressed individually.

For the Crimson Tide, Anigbogu has shown lots of promise for becoming a great defensive player in the future. He's 9 in the whole NCAA with tackles at 54. He's also picked up 2 sacks, good for 10th on the league leaderboard. He also has one interception to his name, impressive as he is mostly a pass rushing linebacker. As a whole, he should contend for Defensive Rookie of the Year for his performance thus far.

Lasley's been more of a surprise in terms of his success. Lasley's always been a deep threat wide receiver in his career, racking up yards for his team. So far this season, he hasn't been able to do much in that category, with just 159 receiving yards and a modest average of 7.6. So while Lasley hasn't found success in his main focus, never having caught a pass exceeding 21 yards, he's had unexpected results in the red zone. He's caught 5 touchdowns for the Trojans already, good for 2nd in the entire NCAA. If Lasley can start becoming the deep threat he was anticpated to be, while continuing to be a dangerous target in the red zone, he could bloom into one of the league's best receivers.

League is not ready for Lasley sophomore season, mwahaha! 

Losing Streaks on Both Sides

It's been a very up and down season for USC, but freshman Terren Lasley is still hopeful for a strong finish to the season. The Trojans have been streaking the whole year, starting with two losses, following that up with a monster 6 wins in a row, but have now dropped their last 3. The most recent 3 game losing streak was huge, as it has allowed Texas to catch up and now tie USC in the win-loss column. With 3 games remaining, the Trojans still have time to fight their way back into the playoffs. Lasley's been extremely positive, recently telling a reporter, " I think it'll be easy. Not necessarily for me, I've struggled this season. I'll regroup and be a much better player next year, but for now I've gotta stay focused on the present. We've got 3 games left, and I plan on winning them. Bama? Notre Dame? LSU? That sounds like 3 easy wins to me. Meanwhile over there in Texas, those Longhorns still got to play Oregon and Michigan. They done for."

While Lasley still has strong belief in this season, it's hard for hope in Anigbogu's situation. The other player represented by the ngine4 agency, Anigbogu has had a tough season down in Alabama. The Crimson Tide currently hold a 2-9 record, and they have been eliminated from playoff contention. For now, it's all about growth with Anigbogu, and he shared that sentiment in a recent interview: "I mean we all know the season's over. That doesn't mean my training and working hard is over. These final few weeks of season, it's all about just getting better. Getting faster, getting stronger. Improving my technique on tackles. I'm going to be a whole different monster next year. But with these final few weeks only, the goal for me is to hopefully make some big plays and build some momentum for next season. It'd also be a huge honor to win DFOTY, but I've got some stuff I need to do in order to secure that. I personally feel like my resume is among the best in the league for it right now, but if I can pick up a defensive touchdown I think it'll be mine to lose. We'll see though."

Lasley On Missing the Playoffs, Ziarie on Losing

A couple of weeks after boldly proclaiming that USC would overtake Texas for the final playoff spot in the conference, Terren Lasley now sits at home, not in the playoffs. We wanted to rub this in his face, so we caught up with him in a short interview where we asked about the situation.

"Them fuckers did it. Those weird looking cows down in Texas. I can't believe it. Like I said last time, we did win all 3 games. I was right. We won all 3 games. Did I do shit? Not really, unless you count like 5 total catches as worth talking about. So I got half of the prediction right. But the other part about the ugly orange team? I thought maybe, just maybe, they'd beat Michigan. Get lucky, refs give them a few fortunate calls and they win, cool. But Oregon? I didn't like the little quacks before this, but now they're going to purposely throw a perfect season just to avoid having to play Lasley and his 12 yards per game? Scared. That's all there is to it. And I know they threw it too, because their is absolutely no way Texas beat Oregon in a real game. I refuse to believe it, even if it's probably true."

Meanwhile, in Alabama, we caught up with Ziarie Anigbogu after his first season with the Crimson Tide.

"I don't even want to talk football. Yeah yeah we suck. I get it. And then I could defend myself personally by saying, 'Oh it's not my fault, I played pretty good. Too bad my QB throw picks all the time with his lil stick arm.' But I've said that for all my other interviews. Let's talk about something else. The fact that I live in Alabama, and we suck at football. People know damn well no one commit to Alabama just to go to Alabama. Who want to do that? It's because we're supposed to be good at football. But with lil stick arm Malik we're not. So now I have to live in Alabama AND lose games. So please excuse me if I don't want to talk."

In short, in this week's two interviews, both players of ngine brand seemed to be at their worse. Even despite being pretty mediocre rookies, they took the time to take shots at just about everyone, from other teams, to teammates, to random animals. Let's see if they can prove their big mouths correct next season.

Ngine4 Agency Players Adjust to New League

As most football fans are well aware by now, the NCAA underwent a huge rebranding this past offseason, transforming into the current EFCA. In addition to the simple rebrand, 4 new teams were added to the mix through expansion. While expansion was absolutely the correct move, it also meant that the EFCA would have talent thinned out quite a bit in comparison to the overloaded NCAA. As a result, returning players to returning teams are thriving.

Both players under the ngine4 agency have the benefit of continuity to start this season. And it's led to some incredible starts. Anigbogu, with the Trenton Generals, sits in first place in the Heroes conference. Nothing like the terrible Alabama team in years past, the Generals are a promising pick to be a top seed come playoff time. 5 games in, Anigbogu is 10th in the league for tackles. He's also just collected one sack and one pass defended up to date. Although his stats are nothing to boast about, it's clear he's been a key member to the Generals and their turnaround.

Over in the Legends division, Lasley seems to be in a similar situation. Decent personal stats, but a top record. The Hades Creek Phalanx also hold a 4-1 record, and are 2nd to the Rangers due to head to head tiebreaker. Lasley has caught for 227 yards and 2 touchdowns thus far. Although these numbers are unimpressive, what's important to notice is that he is finally finding his role as a deep threat. With an average yardage of 18.9, Lasley is 4th in the entire league. He's not yet a receiver to game plan for or to fear, but underestimate him for a few plays and he'll break free for a huge gain.

Strong Seasons, Disappointing Finishes

The Trenton Generals may have just been the league's biggest surprise this past season. Coming off years of league worst finishes, the Generals weren't expected to do much this season either. Anigbogu was well aware of this - but he made it his goal to overcome these doubts. The General would finish the season 9-7, good for 3rd in the Heroes' division. Anigbogu played a big role, finishing 2nd in the entire league for tackles at 126. He also had 4 TFL, 3 sacks, and 5 PD. The Generals strong season was fun while it lasted - especially during the team's upset over the lookout. Thought it would end in disappointment in a loss to the Encounter, the finish is only more motivation for the team and for Anigbogu.

Lasley and the Phalanx were a different story. The Phalanx may have changed from USC, but their strong reputation did not leave them. A 12-4 season lived up to those standards. Beating the Storm and then upsetting the 15-1 Rangers surpassed them. With the championship on the line, the Phalanx had a chance to join history. Though Lasley had a mediocre at best regular season, only notching 629 yards and 6 touchdowns, he had stepped up in the playoffs. In the Storm game, he caught for 67 yards and two touchdowns. He followed that up with 69 yards against the league best Rangers. But in the championship game, when the lights got too bright, he faltered. Although he did have 1 touchdown, it was a garbage time grab. During the game, it was a story of drops and terrible yards after reception for Lasley. He plans to avenge that though, and will be standing successfully on the finals stage one day. 

Anigbogu Rants on Generals Season

The Trenton Generals have jumped out to a disappointing 2-12 start. The atrocious record looks terrible on its own, but that is only amplified when considering that they are coming off a season where they competed in the semifinals. That wasn't supposed to be some one off either. The Generals were widely expected to replicate their success from last season, but that just hasn't happened. We caught up wither their linebacker, Ziarie Anigbogu, to find out his thoughts on this mess.

"Are you serious right now? Did you really just ask me what my thoughts on the season were? Like what even I am supposed to say we're 2 and fucking 12. In non numbers terms we suck. Like a lot. Every game we walk into the arena and I just get to hear it from everyone. Reporters like 'aren't you guys supposed to be good?' Fans just quietly crying at me because they thought we would be good. Coaches shaking their head because they thought we were supposed to be good. Now I don't have any comforting or hope inspiring words for y'all - we really do suck. I'm just here to ask you guys to please direct your misery elsewhere, because I thought we'd be good so I honestly don't have an answer for your sad looks."

What a beautifully said statement by the young linebacker. He's been racking up stats this season, leading the league in tackles. HIs numbers may be low impact - but numbers are numbers.

Coaching Changes for Both Anigbogu and Lasley

With the offseason inevitable comes big changes, and for EFCA stars Terren Lasley and Ziaire Anigbogu this time was no exception. Both of their respective teams, Hades Creek and Trenton, underwent massive coaching changes. To better understand a player's mentality when a new coach comes in, we spoke with both of them to hear their thoughts.  

Terren: "The coaching swap definitely came a bit unexpected to me, but I was super relieved to hear that Coach Shark was still going to stick around in just a slightly reduced role. Shark is maybe the best coach that's ever coached, so while it was of course upsetting, I'm still excited to see what we can do this season. Our new coach has tons of experience and can definitely take us all the way, we just have to buy into his system. Luckily, we do still have him and Shark on board in a joint role, and I think with two of the best EFCA minds this is going to be our best chance yet. I've been working on my game to hopefully play up to standards this season, so the changes don't worry me too much. HCP will be fine like usual."

Ziaire: "The news that Cody was going to depart definitely felt bad - he was the only coach who gave me a chance to play for their team after all - but I can't honestly say it was unexpected. It was quite clear that he was losing his passion for the game and other more important issues made it hard for him to keep focused. I'm still grateful for what he offered me, but I really do think the change was for the best of both parties. In return, we got an awesome new guy in Spartan. He's already using his energy to turn the team's spirits around, and I think we can actually bounce back after a disastrous last season."

Posted (edited)

Announcing Something Kind've Important?

Basically, I will be retiring both Anigbogu and Lasley following the completion of this EFCA season. There's not really any sole or major reason for this, just felt like the best move for me. Figured that (even though this isn't likely to be read) that it is important to let this be known publicly for General Managers and such. Hence, this is the last episode of this player brand. Anigbogu was a fun player for me some times, I specifically enjoyed his junior season. The uncap year was a slight let down, and he didn't have much team success. Still, it was an enjoyable time and I loved playing for Cody and Spartan. As for Lasley, he really blossomed this most recent uncap season. Even when he wasn't producing stats, I still loved playing him as HCP is truly such an awesome place to play. Shark and now Wally have been fantastic AD's, and I really think we can go win the title this season. 

As for what's next - I will be recreating new EFCA players on both sides of the ball. I don't have names in mind yet, but I am fairly certain on making a RB for offense and FS for defense. The RB is pretty much committted to @zekethatbeast25 because @zekethatbeast25 has decided that he is and I am no man to fight off @zekethatbeast25 relentless pinging. @zekethatbeast25 smh. The FS is definitely up to recruitment, so if ya need me hit me with an offer. I'll probably be a solid but reliable earner my first few seasons, but I will always promise to go hard my uncap year. I think Lasley and Anigbogu are pretty good proof that I can manage that too. So far I've gotten one offer from the Lookout on the FS, but since I've now more officially announced this, I hope I hear some more. 

Edited by ngine4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1