EFL News
ECFA: MONDAY WEDNESDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY EFL: TUESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY

Nepto Player Brands

Julian Falk
Falk has spent a lot of time the past year, preparing himself and his body for the American style of play. After being unrecruited coming out of his german high school, he had his doubts about his decision to follow his dream of being a professional football player. After he has finally found a home with the Anchorage Storm under AD zekethatbeast25, he is able to fully concentrate on the next season. The programs former QB has retired and so Falk can step right in and fill that void. He has a lot of expectations on his shoulders, as the Storm won the last NCAA championship as the Oregon Ducks, but he will make sure to deliver every game.

Masood McCauley
Similar to Falk, McCauley first struggled in finding a team due to an outstanding trial. But as the trial finally came to a close, he was able to find a home on the top of the NCAA Oregon Ducks of AD HuddleHussy. McCauley would appear in their last three regular season games and just recorded one single tackle in that span. They would go on to win the championship, making McCauley a National Champion despite his minor contributions. As the Ducks were rebranded as the Storm, many of his upperclassmen teammates are leaving the NCAA/EFCA for the EFL. McCauley will need to improve quickly, to help Oregons Defense to maintain their current level of play. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Julian Falk has enjoyed a strong start to the season with the Anchorage Storm. He is leading all Quarterbacks with 1822 passing yards on 226 attempts, resulting in 14 Touchdowns. He is averaging one of the highest completion rates at 61.9 % which led to a rating of 91.4, only second to uncapper Handsome Jack at 95.3. A reason for this are his dominant Wide Receivers Henry McDolin and Ja Walker-Santos who both are uncapping and finding themselves in the Top 4 in the league for receiving yards. But there wasn’t only light in Falks game, there also have been considerable shadows. Falk has had at least one interception in every single ECFA game so far, resulting in nine total for the season. One could argue that the non-existant running game of the Storm enables opponents to focus solely on the passing defense, but even then a bit more compassion should be expected from the young QB."I really want to break that streak, it has been bothering me for a while now. But as long as we are winning I might be content with it sticking around." -Julian Falk

Meanwhile Masood McCauley has had a troublesome start. After riding the bench on last years championship squad, McCauley got promoted to the starting CB spot. The results of that are underwhelming so far, with just 26 tackles, 1 interception and 2 pass deflections in 6 games. Still there is some hope, as he has grown into one of the fastest players in the ECFA. If he continues his growth, his numbers should grow as the season goes on and could help the Storm push for the playoffs.

Edited by Nepto
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Masood McCauley needed some time to adjust to the newly formed Anchorage Storm during S19. In the end he wound up with 5 interceptions and 12 pass deflections, good enough to be selected to the All-American 2nd team. “Given the way the season started for me I am really happy with that 2nd team. I never expected to be one of the big names in the ECFA, but this nomination has me believing again. I still need to learn a lot so I will be staying for a forth year, but I am working hard and hopefully it will pay off”

Another All-American 2nd teamer and QBOTY nominee of the Storm was Julian Falk. Falk lead the ECFA in passing yards with 4681 yards, resulting in 32 passing touchdowns. He ended up being tied in votes with Death Valley QB and EFL draftee Ja LongArm, though they both would have to share the second place as Sean Sparks took home the honours. One thing holding back Falk were his Interceptions, which he had 22 off and he acknowledges that he will need to work on those.
“Teams knew we were playing a pass focused offense all year long, but that is no excuse for me to be throwing all those balls away. If I really want to make it to the next level I will have to cut down on those, starting with Season 20.”
But there were even better news for the young German over the offseason, as his girlfriend gave birth to their son, Julian Falk Jr. “I can’t even put into words how much the little guy means to me. Ever since he has arrived among us, I have a newfound motivation, I want him to be able to be proud of me.”

• That's Lit! 1
  • 1 month later...

Junior Quarterback Julian Falk had a stagnant season with the Anchorage Storm, with fewer Yards and passing Touchdowns than in his sophomore season. It all ended with a disappointing playoff loss in the first round, where Falk put up a lacklustre performance against the strong Biscane Bay Pirates. Falk threw 2 interceptions and connected only on 15/30 passes for 165 yards. Falk himself was not satisfied with his performance, but the disappointment only played a minor role in the grand scheme of things. “The season overall wasn’t the best for me, and I don’t think I will make it onto another All-American 2nd team. But on the other hand, this means that I will not need to go to the Awards show and can spend some time with my son. In that regard, our early playoff exit was a blessing in disguise.” Falk Jr. was already spotted at a couple of Storm home games, making the headlines of the local boulevard media. Who knows, maybe he will follow the footsteps of his father, who is hopeful to be drafted after spending his fourth season in Anchorage.

Opposed to his teammate, CB Masood McCauley had a breakout season. He upped his stats to 67 tackles, 5 interceptions, 13 pass deflections, 1 defensive touchdown and logged a 99-yard kick return. He has set himself up to make another All-American team after getting voted onto the All-American 2nd team in S19. With Boxman and Aardvark gone to the EFL, McCauley looks like a major candidate for the DBoTY award in S21. He will have to work on his consistency, as his production plummeted in the second half of the season. But his work ethic so far has been pointing in the right direction. GMs should keep an eye on the Boston native.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

After a loss to the Phalanx in the Playoffs, Julian Falk prepared himself for the Draft and the following Awards ceremony. Falk was mentioned as one of the top athletes prior to the draft, but the hopes of being a Top 5 selection quickly faded. Falk had brought his wife and his little son to the draft ceremony and waited, while Toronto chose Heisman winner and QBotY Randall Staubach in the first round, the young family had to continue to be patient. Finally, with the 15th pick, the Denver Steam picked up the Quarterback. At the Awards Ceremony Falk ended up as 2nd place to the dominant Staubach but notched his first 1st Team All-American selection. “I am just glad that I ended up in a situation where I will be able to get playing time straight away. I am looking forward to the challenge of an expansion franchise”

Masood McCauley had a great season for the Storm, and it seems to have impressed a lot of EFL scouts. With the 2nd pick in the draft McCauley got selected by the San Francisco Frenzy, another expansion franchise. After the first highlight from the draft, McCauley continued his offseason triumph at the Awards Ceremony, winning the CBotY and the DPotY respectively. “It has been a huge honor getting selected for both awards. Also I appreciate the San Francisco Management believing in me and I will make sure that their trust is not misplaced!”

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

After being named the ECFA Cornerback and Defensive Player of the Year, Masood McCauley ended his offseason on another high, being drafted second overall by the San Francisco Frenzy. But once he hit the EFL, reality got back to him soon enough.

McCauley had an incredible preseason game, deflecting 3 passes and intercepting 2 more but he was not able to translate this success to the regular season. He would appear in the upper side of the Pass Deflection leaders early on, but he slowed down quickly and proved to be unable to intercept any passes in his first 12 games. Finally he managed to intercept Los Angeles Cedric Eevee, but McCauley did not sound very pleased afterwards. “Of course I am glad that I finally was able to get that milestone, but at the same time I am pissed at myself that it took so long.”

The Frenzy could need him stepping up for sure, sitting at 3-11, well out of the playoffs they aimed for at the start of the season. Their offense has been consistent with Handsome Jack and Will Hemakeit at the helm, but their defense, including the two young cornerbacks McCauley and Necorner, struggled. Hopefully they can improve for next season.

McCauleys former teammate Julian Falk also is having a rough start to his EFL career in Denver. The young German is currently viewed as the worst starting QB of the league, with the lowest completion percentage, yards and rating across the league. He managed to keep up a 1:1 Touchdown to Interception ratio through his first 13 games, but a 3 interception game in Week 14 took that one away.

Part of Falks struggles can be attributed to his receiving core, viewed by most as the worst in the league too, not having access to any real receiving weapons unlike fellow Rookie Staubach with TE Griffintown. But the young man had other things on his mind beside the still existing chance to reach the playoffs as Denvers Defense performed very strong so far.

“The way I have been performing so far has not been up to my own standards, but I believe that we can still make the playoffs on Brickhouses back. Beside the sports aspect I got to say that landing in Denver has been one of the best things that could probably have happened to my family. The weather is kind of similar to Anchorage and we were able to buy a nice house for ourselves, so Junior can spend his energy over the day running around in the garden.”

• 3 weeks later...

Denver Quarterback Julian Falk sat down with us and talked a bit about his expectations for the upcoming draft, awards show and season.

“My biggest goal for the draft is probably quite clear: I would love to see some improvement to our receiving core. At best I would love for the Steam to pick Wide Receiver James Rambo, so I got someone to grow with into a top offense in the league. I do not expect anything of this years Awards and am rather looking forward to spending some time with my wife and my son instead.
Hopefully my hard training this offseason as well as the new players will help us make the playoffs next season. Individually I don’t want to be the worst Quarterback in the league anymore, but it remains to be seen if I will be able to do it.”

His former teammate Masood McCauley had a more enthusiastic view of the upcoming season. “With the signings our GM made this offseason, I am fully expecting us to make the playoffs. We had a couple of close games last year already and with guys like Clap Trap and Mikey 2 Dope we should be able to take the next step. I am sure Shutedow and I can learn a lot from Mikey and hopefully form one of the best secondary in the league.”

• Like 1
  • Eyes 1
  • 1 month later...

Denver Steam Quarterback Julian Falk did not hold back when asked about the past season. “It was a season to forget, there is no debating that. Before the season I wanted to show that I am not the worst Quarterback in the league. I accomplished that, but not through developing on my own but by the pure circumstance that Gunn is even worse than I am and I am not content with that. We dropped the ball way too often and that made the difference in all those close losses we suffered.” Frustrated by his own performance, Falk took an extended vacation with his Wife and Son, flying to his hometown in Germany and staying there for the whole summer. “It was really therapeutic to stay away from all the circus for a few weeks. We really enjoyed our stay, especially Julian Jr, since his grandparents played with him all day long.” But as the days passed, the season is approaching quickly. Falk will soon need to return to practice in Colorado, to prepare himself for the upcoming season.

Falks former teammate Masood McCauley seemed equally frustrated with his performance. His Frenzy had a considerably better season, but McCauley himself seemed to regress in his sophomore season despite the guidance of veteran CB Mikey 2 Dope. “I had high expectations for my EFL career after I dominated the ECFA, but even with Mikes guidance I feel invisible on the field. I am happy about the success we are reaching as a team, but I feel like I am not contributing to it at all.” McCauley reportedly considered retirement due to his frustrations, but judging by his early appearance to the Frenzys training camp, he will continue on his career for at least one more season.

• 1 month later...

We caught up with Julian Falk of the Denver Steam, after their loss to the San Francisco Frenzy eliminated them from the postseason once again.

“Obviously it hurts to miss the playoffs this season. We had a pretty good start to the season, where we beat the Frenzy among others, but things kind of fell apart for no apparent reason. What irkes me even more is that we showed those flashes of our potential in those games, but now after 15 games it does not feel like I have done a step forward at all. I am still hovering at a 1:1 TD/Interception rate while my fellow draftees Quebec and Staubach are running over opposing defenses. But we should be getting there soon enough with our passing core, hopefully next season will be the time.

On the bright side, I can once again visit my relatives in Germany and spend some time refreshing in the offseason.”

On the other side of the Steam-Frenzy game played Falks former teammate Masood McCauley, who seemed frustrated as well despite the victory. “If I am completely honest I am expecting way more of myself at this point of my career. I know that it is hard for Cornerbacks, especially youngsters as myself, to produce consistently. But I have been putting in the work consistently and reached good training results. Yet, I am still completely outperformed by my teammates. That’s not a bad thing, I am happy for them and proud of being part of a winning team. But at some point you wonder if you are really getting the most out of yourself in that position.”

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Another offseason of change is approaching Julian Falk and the Denver Steam. As Falk was visiting his family in Germany, news reached him that they had signed youngster Running Back Ajay Krishna.

“I am really excited about this signing. It gives us some versatility in our offense that had been missed these last couple of weeks. Everyone knew I was going to throw the ball.”

The predictability lead to 21 interceptions throughout Season 24, a frustrating mark for Falk considering his draft competition of Quebec and Staubachs performance.

“Obviously it stings that I am the worst of us three so far. But credit where credit is due, those two put in the work every week and it shows on the field. Hopefully I will be able to turn that lopsided relationship around next season.”

Even bigger changes are awaiting the Frenzys Masood McCauley. As GM Kate Upton announced here retirement with the Frenzy being eliminated, he needs to get comfortable in a new team environment. Further complicated is the matter due to the uncertainity surrounding QB Handsome Jack, CB Mikey 2 Dope and K Mowanabe Bad, with rumours indicating that they will be signing elsewhere. “I would hate to lose these three, why wouldn’t I? They are some of the most talented guys in the EFL and any team would be happy to have them. But I am sure that whatever happens, Wally will have us covered going forward. I believe in us.”

• Like 1