EFL News
  • ECFA: MONDAY WEDNESDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY
  • EFL: TUESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY
Sign in to follow this  
Turner

Training Camp/Spring Training Changes

Hello all, 

In a continuing effort to streamline processes and automate things, Em has now added Spring Training and Training Camps to EFLO. 

You should be able to automatically claim your training in EFLO now(once it’s out of maintenance for rollover purposes). 

With this change, we are changing up the structure of these trainings so that it was easier to implement in EFLO, and to try to combat tpe inflation. 

With that said, every ECFA player will always receive 10 tpe each season they are in the ECFA. 

EFL will now work off the following: (TE/FB will continued to be tripled)

Rookie: 10

EXP 2: 9

EXP 3: 8

EXP 4: 7

EXP 5: 6

EXP 6: 5

EXP 7: 4

EXP 8+: 3 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Not a fan. So are scholarships now a thing of the past? Generally that money was used to purchase tpe. Now up to 5x that is given for training camp?

In my opinion, the inflation issue has been a lot better since the removal of weekly trivia tpe(this season not included). Most normal weeks it’s not likely I go over my 12 tpe.

Perhaps there was a better way to combat inflation if that’s still a concern, rather than take away most players one big payout per season. Maybe a better option could have been scaling it back some, but not something this extreme. 

• Like 2
  • That's Lit! 1

2 minutes ago, oilmandan said:

Not a fan. So are scholarships now a thing of the past? Generally that money was used to purchase tpe. Now up to 5x that is given for training camp?

In my opinion, the inflation issue has been a lot better since the removal of weekly trivia tpe(this season not included). Most normal weeks it’s not likely I go over my 12 tpe.

Perhaps there was a better way to combat inflation if that’s still a concern, rather than take away most players one big payout per season. Maybe a better option could have been scaling it back some, but not something this extreme. 

Player Store (and thus, scholarships/salary) is still 100% a thing, and is now in EFLO. :)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, emidas said:

Player Store (and thus, scholarships/salary) is still 100% a thing, and is now in EFLO. :)

Is their three different types of scholarships, ADs can offer?

8 minutes ago, emidas said:

I appreciate the work you do, you deserve about 25 tpe a week lol,I’m just trying to understand why the big cut to training camp tpe 

11 minutes ago, oilmandan said:

These are my exact words in the discussion thread on this matter:

The thing with the tpe inflation thing as well is that it’s been fairly small changes we have been doing. Cutting out only a handful of tpe out per season, per user. This one takes a bigger bite and I think it’s needed. 

If you played 3 seasons in the ECFA and had an 8 season career in the EFL, and say you didn’t match the archetype at any time, that’s anywhere from 75-123 tpe as is. This new proposed way would make it a max of 82. So the players that only got the +6 coaches in the EFL will make slightly more over the career of a player, and be even with everyone else who would otherwise be getting the +9 and +12.  (If you matched an archetype all 3 ECFA seasons AND all 8 EFL seasons AND had the +12 coach you’d earn 167 tpe). This cuts that almost in half.  The players that say matched in the ECFA but didn’t in the EFL and only had the +6 coach would only earn 87 tpe. That’s a huge difference based on their “coach” and “not having the right archetype”. 

I do like the idea of adding some personalization into the GM and team building, but on the flip side, this change might be long overdue looking at how much more the “coveted” players and archetypes are making compared to the “lesser” ones. At least now everyone would be even. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Turner said:

These are my exact words in the discussion thread on this matter:

The thing with the tpe inflation thing as well is that it’s been fairly small changes we have been doing. Cutting out only a handful of tpe out per season, per user. This one takes a bigger bite and I think it’s needed. 

If you played 3 seasons in the ECFA and had an 8 season career in the EFL, and say you didn’t match the archetype at any time, that’s anywhere from 75-123 tpe as is. This new proposed way would make it a max of 82. So the players that only got the +6 coaches in the EFL will make slightly more over the career of a player, and be even with everyone else who would otherwise be getting the +9 and +12.  (If you matched an archetype all 3 ECFA seasons AND all 8 EFL seasons AND had the +12 coach you’d earn 167 tpe). This cuts that almost in half.  The players that say matched in the ECFA but didn’t in the EFL and only had the +6 coach would only earn 87 tpe. That’s a huge difference based on their “coach” and “not having the right archetype”. 

I do like the idea of adding some personalization into the GM and team building, but on the flip side, this change might be long overdue looking at how much more the “coveted” players and archetypes are making compared to the “lesser” ones. At least now everyone would be even. 

Robbing the rich to give to the poor, I should’ve changed your discord name to Robin Hood😂   Thank you for the explanation, still not a fan, but easier to stomach  

Edited by oilmandan
  • Like 1

FYI if you claimed your training before this post, claim it again. Fixed a reporting issue for our auditing purposes :)

1 hour ago, oilmandan said:

Robbing the rich to give to the poor, I should’ve changed your discord name to Robin Hood😂   Thank you for the explanation, still not a fan, but easier to stomach  

Fwiw, my preference was the worst of both worlds. Keep the scheme fit bonuses, but reduce across the board to something like 7 and 10 as opposed to 9 and 13.