Jump to content
EFL News
  • ECFA: MONDAY WEDNESDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY
  • EFL: TUESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY
AW13

Introducing: EFL Regional

Recommended Posts

Forums - Elite Football League

 

Introducing: EFL Regional

 

Hello EFL! We have some exciting news to share!

 

Using an idea that I got from the SBA and in particular, their awesome Head of Media @DangerGolding, we are going to be introducing the concept of beat writers for the 12 EFL Franchises for a platform called EFL Regional.

 

In an effort to provide more content for the EFL and additionally, more team specific content, this will be a way to get your latest up to date news for your favorite teams or players. For now, this will be EFL only to highlight our professional league, highlight our teams and players that people have put hard work into, test out this platform, as well as manage the influx of job opportunities that this will create.

 

Job Opportunities you say? Yes, you heard me right! With this, we will be opening 12 new job opportunities for members of our league as EFL Regional Writers. You can apply HERE for the regional writer for a specific franchise. We will need 12 dedicated individuals to put out media for all of our wonderful EFL franchises, both old and new. Please take time and decide which EFL franchise(s) you would like to cover and indicate that preference or preferences on your interest post. You do not need a player on a franchise to cover them.

 

What does this mean? For each week an EFL Regional piece is submitted, 3 job pay would be claimable to reach the 12 job pay cap in a given week. With any EFL job we will be looking for people that do their job so much like how the SBSN functions over in the SBA, missing 2 consecutive EFL Regional pieces will result in losing the job for the rest of the season and risk losing the position with a team if an additional person is hired. Obviously, there can be some forgiveness if you let me know beforehand that you will not be able to get one done in a given week or span of weeks. Hope that makes sense!

 

Each piece will be required to meet a 300 word count limit and any images or graphics in addition to it will be appreciated but not necessary in order to complete. The pieces can be anything surrounding a given team, such as how they are performing, any changes to the team, interviews with GMs or players, or much more. With the permission of a specific GM, maybe join their locker room to get a feel and have an inside scoop on the team. I want this to be a fun experience for you the writer as well as the team you are covering and the league as a whole!

  • Like 2
  • That's Lit! 3
  • Eyes 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great idea. Can GMs do it for other teams? I think I'd be down, honestly. Wouldn't want to steal a valuable job from someone who doesn't have any, but if there are open spots, I'll do it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, AW13 said:

sing an idea that I got from the SBA and in particular, their awesome Head of Media @DangerGolding, we are going to be introducing the concept of beat writers for the 12 EFL Franchises for a platform called EFL Regional.

This sounds like the idea I had 2 seasons ago that never went anywhere because no one joined... This is the Alabama Weekly when I did it back in S17... 

Edited by Caboose30

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, AW13 said:

 

Using an idea that I got from the SBA and in particular, their awesome Head of Media @DangerGolding, we are going to be introducing the concept of beat writers for the 12 EFL Franchises for a platform called EFL Regional.

 

8 hours ago, LittleRiDog said:

goat idea

 

15 hours ago, twists said:

Love the idea, and applied!

 

15 hours ago, McWolf said:

Great idea. Can GMs do it for other teams? I think I'd be down, honestly. Wouldn't want to steal a valuable job from someone who doesn't have any, but if there are open spots, I'll do it.

 

15 hours ago, Spartan said:

Now let's do it for the ECFA 🙃

 

15 hours ago, oilmandan said:

Outstanding idea. About time we got more EFL coverage 


This is what I tried to get started months ago with the NCAA Weekly / Alabama Weekly. Just letting everyone know, this has been tried. At the end of all my articles I asked people to join the cause... only ever got Alecbama and he never made an article. Not sure why all the sudden since my last attempt in S18 to get this rolling this is a brand new idea no one on the site has ever heard of before...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Caboose30 said:

This is what I tried to get started months ago with the NCAA Weekly / Alabama Weekly. Just letting everyone know, this has been tried. At the end of all my articles I asked people to join the cause... only ever got Alecbama and he never made an article. Not sure why all the sudden since my last attempt in S18 to get this rolling this is a brand new idea no one on the site has ever heard of before...

 

To be fair, I'm actually new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, twists said:

 

To be fair, I'm actually new.

Thats fair then, but there are some users on here that are not new, Sorry for looping you in on this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Caboose30 said:

This is what I tried to get started months ago with the NCAA Weekly / Alabama Weekly. Just letting everyone know, this has been tried. At the end of all my articles I asked people to join the cause... only ever got Alecbama and he never made an article. Not sure why all the sudden since my last attempt in S18 to get this rolling this is a brand new idea no one on the site has ever heard of before...

 

You writing about Alabama when you have players on Alabama isn't exactly the same as hiring a beat writer for every team in the league. I had no idea you were trying to make it into a more global thing

  • Like 2
  • Eyes 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...