EFL News
ECFA: MONDAY WEDNESDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY EFL: TUESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY

Matty Thomas Player Brand

Calvin Johnson: Detroit Lions 'wanted me to change my story' about ...

"I think that I'm everything that a team could ask for in a wideout"  echoed Thomas as he was being interviewed by the local San Francisco news.   While he was working out, Thomas got a call that he had been traded to the Wisconsin Brigade.  In no more than 10 minutes, he found himself swarmed by the local media. 

"I'm not mad or upset......This is a business.  In the snap of a finger you can be traded or cut.  That is  why I make the decisions that I make when it comes to my career.  Have I made the best choices? No....I can attest to that, but at the same time I feel comfortable knowing that I've controlled my career the way that I've wanted to.  Big thanks to the coaching staff here in San Fran, they've put me in an exciting position to succeed, but at the end of the day they have to do whats best for the team, and getting compensation for me was the ideal move. "

Thomas then went on to talk about his new team.

"I mostly studied their defensive schemes.  They did a good job bottling me up.  I think i only had like 6 or 7 catches for 64 yards.  They have great players over there , and a great staff.   I'm used to being one of the elder players on a team during my EFL career, it'll be refreshing to learn from vets and adopt a winning culture. "

Thomas then ended the interview.

"Sorry guys, no more questions, I've got a flight to catch to Wisconsin, that is unless I get traded again......that seems to be the norm right? "  

Thomas chuckled as he jogged out of the practice facility 

• 1 month later...

"All I can do is just continue to play"  said Thomas as he stared into the camera.  Thomas had just been given the news earlier that he had once again been traded.  This time to the San Antonio Wolfpack. 

"Every where I've played I've performed.  I don't cause any trouble so I guess it could be a bit puzzling to me as to why I can't stick.  My rookie year for the Kraken I caught 47 catches for over 500 yards and a couple of touchdowns.  My 2nd year for the Reign I caught almost 80 balls and almost got to a thousand yards with a handful of scores.  My 3rd year with the Frenzy I almost caught 100 passes  and almost had 1300 yards with a handful of touchdowns, and this past year with the Brigade I had almost 1200 yards with 10 touchdowns."

Thomas chuckled for a second.

"You can't say its the production part because I think that I'm one of the better receivers in this league, and after I go for 1500 yards and 15 touchdowns this season, then maybe I can stick around for more than a year."