EFL News
ECFA: MONDAY WEDNESDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY EFL: TUESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY

Shawn Zylstra Player Brand

It feels good to be back in the EFL. With everything that's gone on, I hope I can stay active for this player. I want to be active here but it is hard because of my lack of interest in football in general. However, the guys here are great and it's just a fun place to hangout. I'm not here to say this is going to be different than my last few. However, I will try though so we will see what happens.

I am trying a new position I haven't tried before so we will see how this goes too. This is my first WR.

I still think the EFL should have ALL positions available. You can keep the bots obviously but if a player wants to be on the O-Line or D-Line then so be it. That is just my line of thinking I guess so it is what it is. I am happy be to be back though. I used to be a sim league junkie and wanted to be in every league I could. Real life gets in the way though and shit happens.

I look forward to seeing what comes from this player though because the EFL has changed a bit since my last foray in the league.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, oilmandan said:

Love the name! Huge Zylstra fan!! 

thats cool!

yea i went to football reference and looked up the guys who were under Z. the very last Z guy i can't be since hes a Guard/O-Line. I still want this to be playable tbh Zylstra was the next guy up who was playable so here we are

10 hours ago, TheLastOlympian said:

thats cool!

yea i went to football reference and looked up the guys who were under Z. the very last Z guy i can't be since hes a Guard/O-Line. I still want this to be playable tbh Zylstra was the next guy up who was playable so here we are

Hopefully you get more of an opportunity than he has so far! He played a season and a half in the CFL and lit it up. 

Shawn Zylstra enjoying life in Hades Creek on the 'redshirt' list. He is currently learning the ins and outs of the ECFA while getting great practice time. With Micah Adrienne, Jurgen Flugel-Hagendorfen and James Rambo, it has been hard for Zylstra to get playing time. However, like previously mentioned, there is no better WR core to learn from than this one in the EFCA it seems. Next season, we should see Zylstra step up and fill in any role next season.

Hades Creek has been the cream of the crop so far with a 14-1 record so you won't expect Zylstra to complain to much. However, it was interesting to see that no other AD offer Zylstra a spot on their roster. Maybe most teams had a set roster but I am sure they didn't have redshirt options available. Either way, I think the AD's overlooked Zylstra and they will regret it. Maybe AD Wally will regret it as the Player Agent known as TLO hasn't had the best track record of brining talent into the EFL and EFCA. Will that all change with Zylstra? I guess time will tell if Wally made a mistake or if it was the other AD's.

I very much look forward to next season to see what Zylstra can do in game action considering he wouldn't be your typical freshman as he will have some experience and could surprise many if he can keep up the work he has currently been doing so far.