EFL News
ECFA: MONDAY WEDNESDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY EFL: TUESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY

From Gunners to Gone Girls

From Gunners to Gone Girls

There Were Gunners And Then They Were Gone...

Today as I did my seasonal login accompanied by my typical bulk affiliation claim for the first time in a long time I really sat and appraised the damage caused by yet another season of depreciation to my two wonderful Gunner girls. Thirteen seasons as an EFL player is not going to break any all-time record for the league. However, I can tell you that as of next season Diana Gunner will hold the record of the kicker who has played the most seasons as a Miami Neptune Kicker.  I realize Diana could continue to compete against Johnny Greg @brenstl (who will also be at thirteen seasons in in the EFL as of S25) and Evenging Chong @Snussu (who will be celebrating his twelfth EFL season in S25) for the over all record of the longest-lived Kicker in EFL History. She certainly has the lead in terms of both TPE and money; but in the end I don’t feel that title is worth compromising Diana’s over all career stats for.  As for Amina Gunner she has also been playing in the EFL for over ten seasons, in fact she will hit eleven seasons as of S25. Again, her time in the league is not setting any records but I consider it a feat considering the fact that I could just never get into the linebacker stats the same way I did for kickers. With all my current musings you have probably put two and two together and realized both Gunner Girls will be retiring as of the end of S25. With the heavy stuff out of the way I would like to say a few things I feel need to be said.

Retirement Means The End Of HuddleHussy

I can still remember joining the EFL and having to ask Turner @Turner to change my name from DefensiveDoll to HuddleHussy. Probably one of the best moments of my sim experiences was seeing him react to that change. He called it “unique” which in turner language probably meant he though it was an odd choice at the very least. I think we can all agree that from “unique” beginnings it is only fitting that there would be an “unique” ending as well. The name HuddleHussy is so tied into everything I did here before the league and had our difference of opinions. The longer I have stayed a way the more I see just how much this place has changed, it is not the EFL I stumbled into almost 2 years ago on my birthday of all days. If I am honest, I am glad that it is not, the sigh of any good business or league would be that grows over time and just like in many things in life unfortunately we took separate paths because of differing views and grew apart. When you take out all the hysterics and drama that is really all it comes down to. So keeping in mind that nothing has changed, I will be retiring my favorite pseudonym as the gunners hang up their jerseys for the last time.

I’ll continue to be in Miami for S25

For someone who rocks Hussy as part of their user name It would likely surprise people to know that as a general rule, I prefer to be loyal to the teams I join. (Just don’t ask AW, I took Amina Gunner (LB) off the wolves a few seasons a go in an effort to minimize the LRs I was in as I was stepping back from my involvement in the EFL. Again, sorry @AW13 <3) As I dialed back my involvement in the EFL; I left the main discord server and forum except for when I would seasonally bulk update my players and add their TPE. It might interest some of you to know that I never left Miami and I continued to drop in to the LR for updated on how the team was doing and I intend on doing that until the end.

Thank-you

I think in this case it would be hard for me to express the extent of my gratitude for all the members who I had the pleasure of interacting with while in the VHL. For starters there is literally a league here that is full of amazing people with an unimaginable amount of talent. I would like to add a special thank you to all my Oregon Ducks, who have by now all long flown the nest but who have forever etched themselves into my memory and thoughts. Thank you all for trusting me and laying it all on the line when we won that last ever NCAA Cup. A special thank you for those of you that decided to go on and AD yourselves and make a difference here, I don’t think it can ever be said enough about the importance of having a great AD to introduce new people into the league.  It’s probably about time that I thank all my friends and teammates for dealing with the craziest girl to ever sign up for this league. You likely listened to way too many impassioned rants, indulged many of my never-ending ideas and for that I can never thank you enough. Lastly to those I butted heads with thank you as well. Thank you for teaching me to put my mental health first as well as constantly reminding me to stand up for what I believe in and the value of not being a follower. Thank you above all for the lesson in being sure of who your true friends are, these are things I will carry with me as I take my final steps away from this place.

(959)

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Sad 4

Grade: Approved

962 words - good for full

A hell of a run, you deserve congrats for that. More than ten seasons is a crazy long time to put into one player, and it will be a shame to see you go. Maybe we'll see you back some day after a bit of a break and a recharge? It feels weird to actually grade pieces like this since they're so personal, but luckily there isn't much grading I need to do here. The article flowed well, and with the headline, subheads and tagging the presentation was great. A few minor grammar issues, but especially since this was a personal and easy flowing style, I'm not concerned. Best of luck with future endeavors!

10 hours ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

Grade: Approved

962 words - good for full

A hell of a run, you deserve congrats for that. More than ten seasons is a crazy long time to put into one player, and it will be a shame to see you go. Maybe we'll see you back some day after a bit of a break and a recharge? It feels weird to actually grade pieces like this since they're so personal, but luckily there isn't much grading I need to do here. The article flowed well, and with the headline, subheads and tagging the presentation was great. A few minor grammar issues, but especially since this was a personal and easy flowing style, I'm not concerned. Best of luck with future endeavors!

I think this was the kindest grading a piece of my writing will ever get. I just want to say thanks for the kind words and acknowledge that it takes a great deal of courage an tact to grade personal articles. That being said you embodied those qualities and I know you will continue to share your point of view is a positive and constructive way.  Best of luck to you Cowboy ❤️

Edited by HuddleHussy
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...