EFL News
ECFA: MONDAY WEDNESDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY EFL: TUESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY

Bowl Games, Seasonal Claim Thread, A New GM, A Goodbye

Hey all - we have a few more announcements to make as we close in on the end of Season 25.

Bowl Games

First, you asked for it - they're coming. Bowl Games! For season 25, we're going to try two Bowls, which will take place during Media Week for our ECFA teams, as we look to capture that college feel:

- The Bronze Bowl, in which the losing teams in each conference championship game go head-to-head for the right of being the consensus third-best team in the league

- The Up and Comers Bowl will function as a mini-tournament. The four teams that don't make the playoffs will play in a bracket format (teams in the same conference playing first, lower seed with home-field advantage). The winner of this tournament will not just be the best of the rest, but will receive a real and tangible prize - in the following season, one of their $3million scholarships will be upgraded to a $5million!

We're going to try these two concepts for this season, and depending on what works and what doesn't, we can reevaluate for future years. Good luck to the teams competing this season!

Seasonal Claim Thread

Starting this offseason, we'll be posting a single annual thread with all the winners of games, trivia, and other extra events. Hopefully this will make it easier for people to track and claim their TPE. 

GM Change

As many will know, @Renomitsu has for a while now planned to step down at the end of Season 25 due to real life commitments increasing their demand on his time. We identified a candidate whose track record and GM skills in other leagues make him a solid fit - please welcome @Rayzor_7 as the next GM of the Minnesota Frontier!

Goodbye and Thank You

@evryday has expressed to us that he will be leaving sim leagues for good. We wanted to take this opportunity to thank him for all the work he's done for the BoD and the site in general. As a valuable sounding board, experienced voice, interim GM, and otherwise, he's made his mark on the EFL. Thank you evry!

• Like 6
  • Love 4
  • Surprised 1
  • That's Lit! 2
  • Eyes 2
Just now, TheCheese said:

Goodbye evryday and I may be a ECFA person but I will watch these bowl games!

This made me realize that I technically didn't clarify that the Bowl games will be between our ECFA teams!

• Haha 1

Man so much awesome news in one post! 

The bowl games are a great idea. The scholarship bump is a great way to boost up and coming players/teams.

Having a seasonal claim thread is just lovely, no longer needing to scour the site for that will be lovely!

Last but not least, Thank you BoD and @Renomitsu for the vote of confidence. I'll do my best to continue on with the culture and success you've built!

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • That's Lit! 1
19 minutes ago, Rayzor_7 said:

Man so much awesome news in one post! 

The bowl games are a great idea. The scholarship bump is a great way to boost up and coming players/teams.

Having a seasonal claim thread is just lovely, no longer needing to scour the site for that will be lovely!

Last but not least, Thank you BoD and @Renomitsu for the vote of confidence. I'll do my best to continue on with the culture and success you've built!

Congrats, brotha!!! Gonna kill it in Minnesota ❤

• Like 2

This gives me mixed feelings. I'm excited about the Bowls idea, props to whoever suggested that one! And Rayz too, dude's awesome. 

At the same time... hoping that @Renomitsu will be able to stick around... @evryday I'll miss you bro. take care and i wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Seasonal Claim Thread

Starting this offseason, we'll be posting a single annual thread with all the winners of games, trivia, and other extra events. Hopefully this will make it easier for people to track and claim their TPE. 

YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

• Like 2