EFL News
ECFA: MONDAY WEDNESDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY EFL: TUESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY

S30 Offseason Rules Discussion

MMFLEX

It's been too long since we've publicly posted what we've been discussing behind the scenes and there's incredible value in transparency. We've had a lot on the table to discuss and some of the changes you've already seen. Some you may never see and some are still being worked out.

What you already know:

•Increase in starting TPE to 50.

•Remove cap restrictions allowing everyone to earn 12 capped TPE per week.

These are the result of looking at the ECFA and trying to promote quicker draft declarations for everyone.

•Press Conference Q/As reduced from 4 per 1 capped TPE to 3 per 1 capped TPE.

•Point Task Reviews reduced from 5 reviews for 3 job pay to 1 capped TPE per review (up to a max of 3).

The reviews were really only there as a job anyone could do to reach the 12 cap. Reducing the requirements for both of these is an effort to make capping slightly easier.

•ECFA player retirements: Quoting and accepting a scholarship in the signing day post will carry out that player on the team's roster for remainder of the season.

This isn't really a change, but a better defined rule. We have defined dates in the EFL for player retirements if on contract, but nothing for ECFA as it related to contracts. We've now defined that contract as the acceptance of a signing day post. For both leagues, however, if a player is on a team and is retired midseason they will play out the remainder of the season.

What else has been discussed?

•Job Pay increases were discussed for various jobs.

We need to continue looking at expectations of these jobs and the direction we see them heading.

•Broadening our capped task opportunities.

Our biggest roadblocks with this are what to add, how much to add, and how we want our capped requirements to look?

•Removing a majority of the uncapped games and career point tasks.

This has kind of already been taking shape without a formal announcement, but we're continuing to discuss what games we want to keep. Only keeping seasonal games or offseason predictions is the likely scenario. This would include: EFL/ECFA Fantasy, Seasonal Predictions, and Mock Drafts. At the end of the day, we don't want so many games and career PTs to be burdensome and overwhelming.

•Changing the requirements on full point tasks.

This is a discussion stemming back to trying to make capping easier. Figuring out the new PT scale is something that would need to be done. The biggest factor, however, is needing to consider how it would impact our affiliates and the claiming from league to league.

•Internal discussion on roles and responsibilities.

This is especially important as we've added 3 new BOD members and other shifts within. Something like this may not ever get announced unless a department head changes or a focus area is added. Getting more defined structure with so many moving parts is never a bad thing to keep this machine oiled properly.

•Discussing presentation structure.

The dilemma with this is we offer a unique feature with our play-by-play presentations, but at the same time if your teams aren't GOTW you're waiting through a presentation just for your box scores. We need to determine the direction we want to go, which comes down to changing something or keeping steady with what we're currently doing.

My hope is that we can continue the transparency and sharing some topics of discussion like this with the entire league.

-Flex

• Like 4
  • That's Lit! 1

9 minutes ago, MMFLEX said:

The dilemma with this is we offer a unique feature with our play-by-play presentations, but at the same time if your teams aren't GOTW you're waiting through a presentation just for your box scores. We need to determine the direction we want to go, which comes down to changing something or keeping steady with what we're currently doing.

Time to stream sims

• Eyes 4

Nice to see transparency.

I, for one, am against removing the career PTs and GOTW. As a presenter, I find GOTW extremely fun to present and for me, streaming is not really an option. Something mundane like how they do SBA boxes is not super enticing, so I would like to keep GOTW steucture.

Not that my opinion is super important, I'm just throwing stuff out there. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ChefCook33 said:

not everyone has goated teams.

That a them issue, get good.

4 hours ago, ChefCook33 said:

I am with NSG about those Career PT's more Tpe for us

It's all subjective, if you get more chances at uncapped TPE - so do I. It just raises TPE inflation which tbh, I'm always on the side of keeping TPE inflation as low as possible makes the league much more fun imho.

6 hours ago, NotSoGood88 said:

career PTs

I think it's best if we meet in the middle. Remove some but not all. Cause currently we have wayyy too many, tbh I think we should only have one for carryover purposes and maybe 2 for users during their career for each player - that would be the suggestion I would make.

Well I'm here maybe I'll give some of my thoughts on some of the possible additions.

11 hours ago, MMFLEX said:

•Broadening our capped task opportunities.

idk about this one sir - part of me is like yeah more capped task meaning more things people could choose from but other part of me is like, if a new user joins the league it'll overwhelm them with a million capped task to choose from. If the BoD were to get down this road I would suggest maybe one addition at max and even then ngl, what could you possible add that you don't have that isn't just another varation of an "Article."

12 hours ago, MMFLEX said:

•Changing the requirements on full point tasks.

Yes sir - make it eaiser but not too easy where this league just becomes a casual sim league because I don't believe that's what we want. You need to find the right balance where people aren't like "Damn it's Saturday night and I need to update - I cbf." but where people also aren't like "damn, it took me 5 minutes to max earn."

12 hours ago, MMFLEX said:

Maybe? I think this is more on the presenters themself - not the BoD. The presenters can present sims however the hell they want so maybe it's up to them to change up the strucutre for themself. An idea I had is maybe instead of the tradaition way of presenting right now, make presentation like Redzone presentations like you would see on an Sunday Afternoon in the NFL - it gives everyone a chance to see their team play live in action in the redzone or big game moments. Live streams? Maybe but I'm kinda like no. ISFL does it and the EFL is so different to presenting compared to other leagues and I would much like it if was kept that way. On top of that it kinda removes the presenting jobs and you don't want to remove jobs from people imo.

This ended up being longer than I thought but thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Playoff Lonzo said:

I think it's best if we meet in the middle. Remove some but not all. Cause currently we have wayyy too many, tbh I think we should only have one for carryover purposes and maybe 2 for users during their career for each player - that would be the suggestion I would make.

That may make a bit more sense. Not 2, I think something more like you have HS Career Review, College Career Review, A True Professional, and the Biography.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 8:41 PM, NotSoGood88 said:

Something mundane like how they do SBA boxes is not super enticing

In my opinion I don't think you can compare sba pressy to efl pressy. Cause in sba yeah we can have a gotw but there are also 30 to 50 games per sim we need to present. It would just take too long. That's why I feel gotw can only work in the efl because there are limited games and a play by play will work. I'm not a fan of getting rid f that

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adrest245 said:

In my opinion I don't think you can compare sba pressy to efl pressy. Cause in sba yeah we can have a gotw but there are also 30 to 50 games per sim we need to present. It would just take too long. That's why I feel gotw can only work in the efl because there are limited games and a play by play will work. I'm not a fan of getting rid f that

Yeah I know. I wasn’t suggesting SBA do GOTW, I was suggesting that EFL not do something like SBA. Hope that makes sense :)

• Thanks 1