EFL News
ECFA: MONDAY WEDNESDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY EFL: TUESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY

Question of the Week. Ending 4/30

oilmandan

Another question from me. If you have an EFL or ECFA related question, please submit it to the BOD and we’ll give you a good old pat on the back. Here goes 

Of all the contracted and rebranded teams and colleges, which one do you miss the most? And why?

I had a love/hate relationship with the San Antonio Wolfpack - they literally didn't have a winning record for their first eight seasons, which caused me to be inactive the first time I was in the EFL when there was literally no path to my players trying to compete with the big teams. But I did like their story of rising from the ashes to go on to do big things after I took my EFL hiatus, and it makes me sad when an original franchise gets changed anyway.

• Like 3
  • That's Lit! 1
  • Eyes 1

11 hours ago, oilmandan said:

Another question from me. If you have an EFL or ECFA related question, please submit it to the BOD and we’ll give you a good old pat on the back. Here goes 

Of all the contracted and rebranded teams and colleges, which one do you miss the most? And why?

The San Antonio Wolfpack without a doubt. Not only was it a cool team name, but it had a great logo. The problem with the team was poverty which led to "bankruptcy." This could've changed if they had better general managers at the time. EFL needs to bring them back for nostalgia. They don't have to be an EFL team. They can be an ECFA  team and replace the likes of either Biscayne Bay Pirates / Trenton Generals. 

Edited by A13Lions
Didn't form my sentences correctly in the last few sentences.
  • Like 2
  • That's Lit! 1

5 hours ago, oilmandan said:

Anchorage, I miss them badly, I loved turning that team around and everyone I met and connected with while coaching them.

• That's Lit! 1

5 hours ago, CowboyinAmerica said:

I had a love/hate relationship with the San Antonio Wolfpack - they literally didn't have a winning record for their first eight seasons, which caused me to be inactive the first time I was in the EFL when there was literally no path to my players trying to compete with the big teams. But I did like their story of rising from the ashes to go on to do big things after I took my EFL hiatus, and it makes me sad when an original franchise gets changed anyway.

Gonna piggyback off of CIA and say Wolfpack as well, those first few seasons were brutal but we were still there for it.

• Like 1
  • That's Lit! 1

This is a fun question indeed. I’d go with Lincoln Mammoths for the ECFA when Caboose was running it. The guy knew how to run an organized, engaging LR and that made my stay there with Uno enjoyable until the uncapping year when Cab was stripped of it cause he was taking over New Orleans

as for the EFL… I’d probably say San Antonio too cause AW really embodies what SA was about and that’s something is missing from todays league 

• Like 2
  • That's Lit! 2

This one is extremely hard for me because there are so many teams that I either was on or led that ended up being gone.

From my old Oregon Ducks who we made it to multiple title games with, to the Miami Hurricanes who also had a title game appearance to then other destinations such as Sacramento (who I knew was going to be turned to a BOT team anyways) or Lincoln who ended up being contracted.

In the end though, it has to be the Wolfpack. It was my first franchise I was drafted to in the EFL and was my last GMing position maybe ever now being a simmer at the EFL level though maybe there could be some form of checks and balances if need be. I loved that team and all the players and users who came through and it was a lot of fun. Most people will always remember AW's love for Ja LongArm and hope that pride I had in my team is something a lot of people will have in the future of this wonderful league.

• Like 1
  • That's Lit! 1

• AW13 locked this topic

Memphis Mambas. They played a big part in the storyline of my first player (returning to Memphis after his first franchise moved away from there) and was where I first won a ship. Not to mention winning two more there with another player (even if that 2nd partnership ended up a bit more rocky).

• Like 2
  • That's Lit! 1

I also miss the Growlers. I didn't have a perfect relationship with management, but I signed there because they sucked and I wanted to try and help them if I could. The brand was different and I liked that and I really wish they had more success. 

• Like 2
  • That's Lit! 2

13 hours ago, AW13 said:

This one is extremely hard for me because there are so many teams that I either was on or led that ended up being gone.

From my old Oregon Ducks who we made it to multiple title games with, to the Miami Hurricanes who also had a title game appearance to then other destinations such as Sacramento (who I knew was going to be turned to a BOT team anyways) or Lincoln who ended up being contracted.

In the end though, it has to be the Wolfpack. It was my first franchise I was drafted to in the EFL and was my last GMing position maybe ever now being a simmer at the EFL level though maybe there could be some form of checks and balances if need be. I loved that team and all the players and users who came through and it was a lot of fun. Most people will always remember AW's love for Ja LongArm and hope that pride I had in my team is something a lot of people will have in the future of this wonderful league.

Big Bad Bo brought the Wolpack back to life :)

• Like 1
  • That's Lit! 1

The contracted team that I miss the most is the San Antonio Wolfpack. When the league first started I really liked the Wolfpack branding right away and hoped I would get a chance to play for them at some point. And I ended up getting that opportunity when Boris Bonecrusher was drafted to the Wolfpack in Season 5. At the time, the Wolfpack were the only of the original 6 teams who had not made the playoffs yet, so it was a fun ride to watch them rise during Boris's career and ultimately win back to back championships in Season 9 and Season 10. In the end, Boris was able to play for the Wolfpack all 10 years of his career. I also got to play for the Wolfpack during the early years of Gavin Rose's career as they were the team that originally drafted him. The Wolfpack had great branding and I had fun playing for them with a couple of my players, so I will miss them now that they are gone.

• Like 1