EFL News
ECFA: MONDAY WEDNESDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY EFL: TUESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY

You need TPE, I got you!

Trifecta

1. How did you feel about your pre-season performance(s)?

2. Who is your early vote for MVP?

3. Week 1 saw some upsets, what surprised you the most?

4. Who are your early favorites to win each conference?

5. Defensive player of the year?

6. Follow up with offensive player of the year?

7. How do you prep the night before a game?

8. Do you have a pre-game song and what is it?

9. Who is the team's leader in the locker room?

10. Is your player(s) superstitious?

11. If you said yes to 10, what gets them? If not, why are they not?

12. At practice, do you tend to go all out or get in just enough to meet the quota?

1. How did you feel about your pre-season performance(s)? Didn't play in preseason, but early regular season results have been below average. 

2. Who is your early vote for MVP? Alexander Chase Everett because that's who I took in my predicitions

3. Week 1 saw some upsets, what surprised you the most? Wouldn't say any single result surprised me because I have no idea which teams are good yet. But, I am a little stunned to see how bad the Reign are. They were one of the top teams in the early seasons when I was still here.

4. Who are your early favorites to win each conference? Herd in the East, Frenzy in the West

5. Defensive player of the year? Ahh Speciggivi, once again because that's who I took in my predictions

6. Follow up with offensive player of the year? Alexander Chase Everett, you get hte point

7. How do you prep the night before a game? A couple of Advil and a tall glass of H2O does the trick.

8. Do you have a pre-game song and what is it? Rocky theme song

9. Who is the team's leader in the locker room? Should be the GM/AD

10. Is your player(s) superstitious? Nope, he's a little stitous though.

11. If you said yes to 10, what gets them? If not, why are they not? Can't say for sure

12. At practice, do you tend to go all out or get in just enough to meet the quota? If you're not violently vomiting somewhere in the bushes in between plays you aren't going hard enough

• That's Lit! 1

Great! HCP looks excellent and Seattle is over-performing very slightly (I think). We'll see how it translates.

Probably Carswell at this point. Miami just works its magic and it's decided that Carswell is going to be the best this season.

Has to be Skyhawks over Herd. They're obviously flipped in the standings now, but the Skyhawks have perpetually been the whipping boy of the Eastern Conference and are finally baring their talons.

Miami for the East and Seattle for the West. San Francisco probably has the more talented team, but sometimes you just have to be a homer for your own, right?

Reed-Diggins. Red-hot player on an unexpectedly good team.

Fourside. The Predator offense relies way too much on him for him to not get crazy volume numbers, which I feel like OPotY is often predicated on.

I'm at work basically all the time, so I don't really do so much prep the night before as I'm constantly studying.

8. Who is the team's leader in the locker room?

It's gotta be @NotSoGood88 (from a user perspective) obviously, and some mixture of Shindigs, Spartan, and Jardy from the player side.

Nope. They're all about expression of skill through and through, and relying on luck/chance doesn't align with either of their beliefs.

• That's Lit! 2

On 8/13/2022 at 7:28 PM, Trifecta said:

12. At practice, do you tend to go all out or get in just enough to meet the quota?

1. I felt alright. Definitely getting used to my new home.

2. Gotta go with Carswell so far.

3. It's hard to say because it's so early in the season. I bet we'll look back at the end of the year and be shocked at some of the Week 1 outcomes.

4. We'll go with the Miami and San Francisco.  Both playing great ball right now.

5. I think it'll be someone who hasn't made a lot of noise right now....going to see someone come out of nowhere and really heat up down the stretch.

6. Fourside.  Volume, stats, everything you'd want for that award.

7. I watch as much film as I can and then get a full night's rest. Gotta be ready for the game!

8. I don't.  Just depends on what mood I'm in that particular day.

9. Me!  Despite being a rookie, I've always felt that the QB has to take charge. 

10. I always eat Waffle House before a game.  

11. All about the Waffle House, baby!

12. I go all out because that's the best way to get ready.

• Eyes 1

On 8/13/2022 at 6:28 PM, Trifecta said:

1. Could have been better but it is what it is.

2. Carswell probably

3. Not sure, depends on how each team ends.

4. Miami and SF

5. Honestly don't know I'm in ecfa right now

6. Same thing here, honestly could not tell you

7. Sleep early, get a good dinner

8. No Handoutz

9. Me myself and I

10. Absolutely not

11. It's a stupid idea

12. Go all out of course

• Haha 1

1. Which outcome was the most surprising so far this season? (Meaning one matchup)

2. How do you feel about your players performance(s) so far?

3. With Fourside, Empire and Forscythe neck and neck, who wins the rushing title and why?

4. Which rookie has performed the best so far?

5. If you could add or remove one rule from the game, what would it be and why?

6. Who is one person you consider a rival and why?

7. Who is one free agent who could still play if they were signed today?

8. When becoming a free agent, what is the top thing you look for?

9. How do you choose your player(s) name(s)?

10. What is one position you don't think you will ever play and why?

11. What aspect of the league drew you in and kept you here?

12. If you were head of the recruiting team, what would you do to get new members to join?

1. How did you feel about your pre-season performance(s)? Wasn't in the pre-season.

2. Who is your early vote for MVP? Maurice, Hartless.

3. Week 1 saw some upsets, what surprised you the most? Biscayne Bay won some games after going 1-14 last szn.

4. Who are your early favorites to win each conference? Roswell Encounter, Trenton Generals.

5. Defensive player of the year? Lawrence Hartless.

6. Follow up with offensive player of the year? Maurice Hartless.

7. How do you prep the night before a game? Party, baby.

8. Do you have a pre-game song and what is it? Lil Baby - Drip Too Hard ft Gunna

9. Who is the team's leader in the locker room? Me. I got the vibes right. 

10. Is your player(s) superstitious? Yes. No women day of the game.

11. If you said yes to 10, what gets them? If not, why are they not? Vices are human, and my player loves his vices.

12. At practice, do you tend to go all out or get in just enough to meet the quota? Enough to meet the quota. Save energy for game day, big dog.

1. How did you feel about your pre-season performance(s)?

Just starting back up in the ECFA.

Brian Kirkland is the MVP.

None of them. The league needs some life in it.

Neptune and Frenzy

Kristoph Ricinski jk he retired now.

My named Jeff, kidding again also retiredx

Sit back and drink a glass of Chardonnay while watching Brooklyn 99.

8. Do you have a pre-game song and what is it?

Barbie girl by aqua

our locker room is dead so no one.

The song superstitious is a banger

Have you not heard the song? Check it out.

I always go hard. Sometimes, maybe, okay probably not.

• Haha 1

1. Which outcome was the most surprising so far this season? (Meaning one matchup)

I was really surprised we (Seattle) managed to take down New York. I'll definitely take it though!

2. How do you feel about your players performance(s) so far?

I feel OK. Unfortunately passing is very volatile in the ECFA so it's hard to get anything consistent. Bonk is doing OK but CB is similarly inconsistent in the ECFA due to how polar the offenses are.

3. With Fourside, Empire and Forscythe neck and neck, who wins the rushing title and why?

Fourside!!! Unless you mean raw total rushing yards, in which case I think it's a toss-up between Fourside and Empire because of their raw volume. Fourside has the edge in receiving probably but that may not factor in.

5. If you could add or remove one rule from the game, what would it be and why?

The 100 yard rule. There has to be a more elegant way of implementing it.

6. Who is one person you consider a rival and why?

@LittleRiDog. Expansion GMs in the same season, our first offensive players competed for their whole careers. Wish he was still around - he was good for the activity of the league I think.

7. Who is one free agent who could still play if they were signed today?

Vestards Mordzinsh, Jr. Fullbacks go on FOREVER.

8. When becoming a free agent, what is the top thing you look for?

Activity, setup. I like joining a team where my player can succeed. Doesn't need to be the obvious favorite (as you can see with how my players handled FA as CMC + Goncalves) but there needs to be some prospect of success.

9. How do you choose your player(s) name(s)?

I dunno. I like taking from other cultures or just finding some funny way to add names without making them vulgar. I moved to North Carolina a year-plus ago so Christian McCaffrey seemed like an apt inspiration. 

10. What is one position you don't think you will ever play and why?

Kicker. I'm not going to one-up Emidas or Blade no matter how long I play as a kicker/punter.

1. They say defense wins championships, does that still hold true?

2. Do you prefer longer careers or shorter and why?

3. Would you like to see speed cost more to upgrade to help change builds up?

4. If you could create an archetype what would it be?

5. You get access to a movie theater for a day, what marathon of movies are you showing?

6. What is one of your favorite shows, be it all time or currently?

7. What is your all time favorite cereal?

8. Your next game you trot out onto the field and then boom get hit with a career ending injury, what is your players next career?

9. Did your player ever play multiple sports in school/college before?

1. They say defense wins championships, does that still hold true? Offense wins on all ends. Gotta have a better offense then the D.

2. Do you prefer longer careers or shorter and why? Considering a shorter career on this character so I can span out across a few teams potentially.

3. Would you like to see speed cost more to upgrade to help change builds up? Speed costs a lot idk if there's a way to earn more than twelve, but it already costs 5 to upgrade for me, and seeming as 12 is the limit, two upgrade a weeks is kinda EHH to me. 

4. If you could create an archetype what would it be? I don't know enough about FB to answer this.

5. You get access to a movie theater for a day, what marathon of movies are you showing? Anime, or some series probably. Probably watching TV shows on the big screen like the classics.

6. What is one of your favorite shows, be it all time or currently? Burn Notice, Breaking Bad, Resident Alien, The Rookie.

7. What is your all time favorite cereal? Cinnamon toast crunch, but my stomach can't handle gluten randomly since hitting 26. 

8. Your next game you trot out onto the field and then boom get hit with a career ending injury, what is your players next career? Professional gambler.

9. Did your player ever play multiple sports in school/college before? Nah he doesn't like sports, but the breads there. 

1. What are your player(s) biggest fears?

2. What is a pet peeve that you have?

3. Who is the first teammate who would get pranked?

4. What would that prank happen to be?

5. What is the biggest adversity your player(s) has/have faced?

6. Has has your player(s) felt since moving away from home?

7. What is one part of your career(s) that you have enjoyed so far and why?

8. Do you have any regrets about the build(s) of your player(s)?

9. Do your player(s) hold charity events or partake in any and if so what?

• 2 weeks later...

Looking back on their respective career(s) and feeling like they didn't get the most out of them. Renata certainly feels like there could have been at least a single championship in her career, but no dice.

Ooh, people who treat waitstaff poorly. Grinding your teeth. Anyone who is completely resistant to change or fails to listen to others (expand their horizons, so to speak).

@NotSoGood88, duhhhhh.

I can't tell you -- if I did, NSG would know and I wouldn't get to dunk on him in the offseason.

For Luka, it's been letting go of selfishness to let others on the team succeed. Obviously the team does better when everyone does well instead of a single player hogging everything, but he's a bit of an egocentric jerk.

Frau Bonk is a machine and doesn't have feelings like that. Luka initially had a little bit of homesickness, but it's hard not to adapt to an environment when your campus treats you like a higher being, right?

Ooh, HoF with both of my first players. I don't know if they were absolute locks but that was certainly a highlight. Also retrospectively enjoyed being an expansion GM, even if I was very stressed when I stepped down.

Nope. Goncalves' intelligence-heavy build was a very interesting trial and CMC was extremely successful, though very TPE intensive. Bonk and Hol'This are too early in their careers for me to have significant regrets.

Yep! See our player brand! :) 

• Haha 1

1. Season just ended, who are your picks for the championship game?

2. Who wins out of those matchups?

3. Who will be the MVP of the championship game?

4. What are your off-season plans?

5. Who excites you the most coming out of this draft class?

6. Who would you consider a sleeper in this upcoming draft?

7. Now that the season is over, is your current MVP vote the same as it was all year and who was/is it?

8. A handful of changes happened in the league recently, staff wise, how do you feel about the league going forward?

9. Have you recommended the EFL to anyone recently? If so, nice and if not, get to it lol.

1. Season just ended, who are your picks for the championship game? Roswell, or Athens. Dark horse in Trenton.

2. Who wins out of those matchups? Athens/Roswell.

3. Who will be the MVP of the championship game? Maurice Hartless MVP would be a MOVIE, but probably not happening. I'm guessing Brian Dobermen, or Poe Arthur.

4. What are your off-season plans? Change schools, get playing time, rack up accolades. 

5. Who excites you the most coming out of this draft class? Myself.

6. Who would you consider a sleeper in this upcoming draft? Sadie.

7. Now that the season is over, is your current MVP vote the same as it was all year and who was/is it? I'm not knowledgable enough, going with my lead back Brian Doberman.

8. A handful of changes happened in the league recently, staff wise, how do you feel about the league going forward? Pretty confident in the league, and the people. 

9. Have you recommended the EFL to anyone recently? If so, nice and if not, get to it lol. No, no friends that would be into this sort of thing. It's essentially homework. It'll be a neat little niche, but I think it'll be hard to get people into it without recruitment drives, and a engaging community. 

1. Biggest surprise game during the playoffs?

2. What are you working on this off-season?

3. Other than working on your game, what do you do to keep busy?

4. What is your favorite meal to have?

5. What pre-game song gets you hyped up?

6. What's one weird fact about your player(s)?

7. Water or gatorade and why?

8. Which is better Remember the Titans or Waterboy?

9. What is one motto your player(s) live by?

1. Biggest surprise game during the playoffs? Roswell Titan getting dominated in the playoffs. Pretty sure Adrest rigged the loss he said he would fumble in the playoffs, and he did.

2. What are you working on this off-season? Arm, Intelligence, Accuracy. :) 

3. Other than working on your game, what do you do to keep busy? I work a lot, but when not there I am trying to do recruitment drives, and draw eyes here to grow the league as a whole.

4. What is your favorite meal to have? I like Chinese food a lot. I had Sirloin the other day for the first time.. It might replace it. It's some serious heat.

5. What pre-game song gets you hyped up? Bizzy Banks - Don't Know How to Act

6. What's one weird fact about your player(s)? They actually tested him for GOAT DNA, and it turned out to be 100%.

7. Water or gatorade and why? Water, and GATORADE. Stay hydrated my boy.

8. Which is better Remember the Titans or Waterboy? Waterboy, mainly because I haven't seen the first.

9. What is one motto your player(s) live by? You only live once. Drake said it first.

1. Biggest surprise game during the playoffs? I really thought the Frontier were going to make it to the final

2. What are you working on this off-season? Keeping the Colt's going strong

3. Other than working on your game, what do you do to keep busy? Watch game video. Rest and relax.

4. What is your favorite meal to have? Surf and turf

5. What pre-game song gets you hyped up? Don't Stop Believin'

6. What's one weird fact about your player(s)? They are 2nd generation Colt's

7. Water or gatorade and why? Gatorade, electrolytes

8. Which is better Remember the Titans or Waterboy? Remember the Titans

9. What is one motto your player(s) live by? Leave it all on the field

• Like 2

On 9/2/2022 at 12:09 PM, Trifecta said:

1. Bumberpuff is afraid of regression. It already auto retired him last season.

2. I hate it when knifes are put in the dishwasher sharp side up

3. 1246754 , he is asking for it with these numbers

4. We would change his locker code to a different number

5. Being retired without giving consent for this

6. He feels weird, earth is a weird place.

7. The battle with Griffintown

8. No ragrets at all

9. Bumberpuff holds charity events to supply the Prawatt with more financial funds for their galactic wars.

• Confused 1

1. Biggest surprise game during the playoffs?

Seattle winning the West! I was unbelievably excited with that, but felt there was (unbelievably) a more even matchup going into the finals. We had a series of unexpected victories from the last week of the regular season through the championship.

2. What are you working on this off-season?

Speed, speed, and more speed. It's uncapping time, baby.

3. Other than working on your game, what do you do to keep busy?

I work in a hospital. 🤷‍♂️

Keeps me busy from time to time.

4. What is your favorite meal to have?

Ooh, probably a seafood boil with plenty of crab. Reminds me of home!

5. What pre-game song gets you hyped up?

Y'know, someone in the locker room just BLASTS Taylor Swift before every game... @NotSoGood88? That you?

6. What's one weird fact about your player(s)?

Uh, my WR's stat line always reads "Hol'This L." which is always worth a giggle.

7. Water or gatorade and why?

Water. /r/hydrohomies

8. Which is better Remember the Titans or Waterboy?

Ooh, both great. Remember the Titans for me.

9. What is one motto your player(s) live by?

"Good enough" is never good enough.

1. Fresh new season, how was your off-season?

2. What's your personal goals this season?

3. What about team goals?

4. Favorite spot to go on vacation?

5. Favorite movie snack?

6. Favorite movie genre?

7. Do you prefer joint practices or solo ones?

8. Which teammate would you consider a friend?

9. What gives you inspiration for your writing/graphics?

On 9/18/2022 at 1:39 AM, Trifecta said:

1. Biggest surprise game during the playoffs? How did the Predators win a championship before the Frenzy?

2. What are you working on this off-season? I'm working on my intelligence since I'm getting slower. 

3. Other than working on your game, what do you do to keep busy? Watch informational Youtube videos.

4. What is your favorite meal to have? Chicken and Rice with Honey sounds nice. 

5. What pre-game song gets you hyped up? John Cena - My TIme is Now. 

6. What's one weird fact about your player(s)? He doesn't love his native foods. 

7. Water or gatorade and why? Water because it's purified and it's healthier. 

8. Which is better Remember the Titans or Waterboy? Remember the Titans is better. 

9. What is one motto your player(s) live by? "Never Give Up" - John Cena. 

1. What seasonal goals do you have this season?

2. What about any personal goals?

3. Which player has surprised you most this season?

4. How about which team has surprised you?

5. Early pick for ORoY?

6. What about DRoY?

7. If you weren't playing football, what sport would you be playing?

8. Have you ever held a job prior to playing football?

9. Are/Have you been part of a sorority and if so which?

On 10/9/2022 at 12:50 AM, Trifecta said:

1. What seasonal goals do you have this season?

2. What about any personal goals?

3. Which player has surprised you most this season?

4. How about which team has surprised you?

5. Early pick for ORoY?

6. What about DRoY?

7. If you weren't playing football, what sport would you be playing?

8. Have you ever held a job prior to playing football?

9. Are/Have you been part of a sorority and if so which?

1. I just need a championship

2. All I want is a championship

3. Me, thought I'd be worse than I actually am

4. I don't know about me, but everybody else sure seems surprised about savage city

5. Wandon

6. Elisha, hopefully

7. My main sport is basketball

8. Basketball

9. No

Edited by Prince Bynum
main sport isn't football
  • Like 1