EFL News

USC Trojans Team Press Conference

:USC:

You're 1-3 so far this season - is this a rebuilding year, or does the team still have hopes of turning it around and making a playoff run?

We are still confident we can make the playoffs. We had two close, fluke losses and we've only gotten better since then. JP3 is progressing like magic and Furdge continues doing #JustFurdgeThings. And don't sleep on our defense, either. We have the best pass defense in the league, which is very important in this passing league. Clerk and ACB will only get better, and what we did to Garrison (18.1 passer rating, 0 TD, 2 picks) is just the beginning. This year, and in years to come, are not going to be pretty for opposing QBs. In fact, our defense is the 2nd best in the league by yards. While we have a few redzone issues sometimes, ADs who don't take our defense into play are going to get burned for it.

13 hours ago, Turner said:

Huge win today over your rivals to get you back into the playoff race, but it didn’t come without some nail biters...what were your thoughts on the team deciding to pass on second and short late in the game with that 11 Point lead? 

Well, the game was probably out of reach by that point. But either way, here's what went down. It was a quick WR screen, designed to get the ball quickly to Ja'Wun Davis with Boyd and the LT already blocking. Oregon was playing a cover 0 man defense, which Prince correctly recognized. However, Woodson jammed Davis at the line and then jumped the route for the pick. There was nothing Prince could do; the ball was already in the air. 

So, to clarify, it was basically an extended run play that got blown up by the CB.

Edited by 124715

You're 1-3 so far this season - is this a rebuilding year, or does the team still have hopes of turning it around and making a playoff run?

• Like 1

Huge win today over your rivals to get you back into the playoff race, but it didn’t come without some nail biters...what were your thoughts on the team deciding to pass on second and short late in the game with that 11 Point lead? 

On 5/1/2018 at 10:41 PM, TacticalHammer said:

We are still confident we can make the playoffs. We had two close, fluke losses and we've only gotten better since then. JP3 is progressing like magic and Furdge continues doing #JustFurdgeThings. And don't sleep on our defense, either. We have the best pass defense in the league, which is very important in this passing league. Clerk and ACB will only get better, and what we did to Garrison (18.1 passer rating, 0 TD, 2 picks) is just the beginning. This year, and in years to come, are not going to be pretty for opposing QBs. In fact, our defense is the 2nd best in the league by yards. While we have a few redzone issues sometimes, ADs who don't take our defense into play are going to get burned for it.

13 hours ago, Turner said:

Well, the game was probably out of reach by that point. But either way, here's what went down. It was a quick WR screen, designed to get the ball quickly to Ja'Wun Davis with Boyd and the LT already blocking. Oregon was playing a cover 0 man defense, which Prince correctly recognized. However, Woodson jammed Davis at the line and then jumped the route for the pick. There was nothing Prince could do; the ball was already in the air. 

So, to clarify, it was basically an extended run play that got blown up by the CB.

How do you feel about your chances of making the playoffs this year and the future of the program?

How do you feel the newcomers have been and how have they helped the team to a better record than most people predicted?

8 answers for 2 capped

4 answers for 1 capped

1. What are your expectations for S18 for the team and your player?
  2. Do you have any suggestion or idea to have a better locker room?
  3. Do you follow the EFL pro league? Who do you have as a favourite for S18?
  4. If affirmative: Who has been/is your favourite EFL player and why is Sherman Richard? if negative: 4. Why? That's the goal! Just pick a team and become a hooligan!
  5. If you were an inanimate object, what would you be and why?
  6. What is something you're terrible at but wish you could do well?
  7. What are the books/movies/games that never get old and always make you feel better when you get down?
  8. What is the most trivial thing about which you have a strong opinion?
  9. If you could be any mythical creature, what would you be and why?
  10. What is the one thing you've made that you're the most proud of?
  11. Some historical figures have epithets attached to their names, like The Mad or The Wise. What would you like yours to be?
  12. Do you have a personal mantra? If so, what is it?

1. What are your expectations for S18 for the team and your player? Not much for myself as a player, only just joined the team and have a lot of work to grow into a usefull TE. The team also got some losses with the lose of players that went into the draft, lets aim for a positive record
  2. Do you have any suggestion or idea to have a better locker room?  The puppybot we have at the wolfpack, the 'Would you rather' is always nice for talks/discussions
  3. Do you follow the EFL pro league? Who do you have as a favourite for S18?  Wolfpack, as they have the king of the passed over 'Mum O Killowe' on their roster
  4. If affirmative: Who has been/is your favourite EFL player and why is Sherman Richard? if negative: 4. Why? That's the goal! Just pick a team and become a hooligan! I wonder what drugs you are using, what is this for a question?
  5. If you were an inanimate object, what would you be and why? Definitely a mattress, as I love to lay down and rest :D 
  6. What is something you're terrible at but wish you could do well?  Soccer would have been great, too old for it now regardless.
  7. What are the books/movies/games that never get old and always make you feel better when you get down? Movie: Mallrats, always nice to watch and remains funny.
  8. What is the most trivial thing about which you have a strong opinion? Just because I like football it does not mean I should like Barcelona.
  • That's Lit! 1

On 1/29/2020 at 4:33 AM, Sharkstrong said:

1. What are your expectations for S18 for the team and your player? I expect us to be great and I expect myself to make most extra points  and fielf goals. Those really add up
  2. Do you have any suggestion or idea to have a better locker room? The locker room's great and I'm pretty happy I'm in it.
  3. If you were an inanimate object, what would you be and why? I would be a door because then I'd be pretty useful.
  4. What is something you're terrible at but wish you could do well? Keep conversations past a how's it going.
  5. What are the books/movies/games that never get old and always make you feel better when you get down? Definitely Untitled Goose Game if I'm ever angry I just take it out on everyone in the game. 
  6. If you could be any mythical creature, what would you be and why? I would be a dragon solely because I could fly.
  7. What is the one thing you've made that you're the most proud of? Any of my field goals.
  8. Some historical figures have epithets attached to their names, like The Mad or The Wise. What would you like yours to be? I would definitely want to be The Strong.

• That's Lit! 1

1. If you could be any mythical creature, what would you be and why?   Is a Kraken mythical? With Bumberpuff playing for the Ionath Kraken in the GFL series, it seems the right fit.
  2. What is the one thing you've made that you're the most proud of?    My kids :)
  3. Some historical figures have epithets attached to their names, like The Mad or The Wise. What would you like yours to be?  The Crazy
  4. Do you have a personal mantra? If so, what is it?      'Social Battery Low, go home to charge'
  • Haha 1

8 answers for 2 capped

4 answers for 1 capped

1. Did you watch the SuperBowl? Were you happy with it?
  2. Shakira or J-Lo?
  3. Do you think Oregon is invincible? Can you point any potential flaws?
  4. Do you think Seattle has what it needs to win the EFL again this season?
  5. What character archetype is closest to your personality?
  6. What cliché do you think is bullshit? What cliché do you think holds truth?
  7. Are there any smells that bring back memories for you? What are they, and what memories do they elicit?
  8. What is the most memorable meal you've ever had? (It can be good or bad.) What made it so memorable?
  9. If you could live in another time period but stay in the same place you live now, when would you want to live?
  10. Do you have any conspiracy theories? If so, what are they?
  11. What fictional character do you most relate to?

12. What have you been meaning to do but haven't yet done? Why haven't you done it?
Edited by Sharkstrong

1. Did you watch the SuperBowl? Were you happy with it?   Didn't have a day off the next day so didnt watch it. But it was a nice comeback of the Chiefs
  2. Shakira or J-Lo? Shakira
  3. Do you think Oregon is invincible? Can you point any potential flaws? No weaknesses, ducks flock together. Flying V's, they got it all
  4. Do you think Seattle has what it needs to win the EFL again this season? No idea actually , always a chance they will pull it off.

8 answers for 2 capped

4 answers for 1 capped

1. 4 weeks in. Maybe 5. What do you think of the season so far?
  2. Who do you have as an early Heisman front runner?
  3. Did you expect the Wisconsin Brigade to be this good?
  4. Who do you have as an early EFL MVP?
  5. Do you think USC has a chance to upset one of Texas/Oregon for a playoff spot?
  6. What is the most important quality you look for in a friend?
  7. What is a childhood habit or preference that you'll never outgrow?
  8. What is your favourite word and why?
  9. What lesson have you had to learn again and again?
  10. What was your favourite thing about the place you grew up?
  11. What is something that gets cooler/more interesting the more you learn about it?

12. What is the best advice you've ever received?