EFL News
  • ECFA: MONDAY WEDNESDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY
  • EFL: TUESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY SATURDAY
Sign in to follow this  
TacticalHammer

#LonghornsGiveBack

Each season, the Texas Longhorns will select a charity to support, with a donation made by the Athletic Director at the end of the season.

Context: https://efl.network/forums/index.php?/topic/8036-longhorns-give-back/

Season 21

Charity: American Foundation for Suicide Prevention @Wheaties

Scoring System:  $0.15/offensive TD, $0.05/field goal, $1.00/defensive TD

Donation: 

Season 20

Charity: Doctors Without Borders @Dagumpa

Scoring System:  $0.30/Def TD, $0.20/sack, FF, INT

Donation: $10.20

Season 19

Charity: HandUp @J0EB

Scoring System: $0.01 per catch & tackle

Donation: $9.68

Season 18

Charity: American Cancer Society @LJEra8

Scoring System: $0.01 per 4 rushing yards, $0.10 per TFL

Donation: $8.60

Season 17

Charity: Team Trees @Inflastud

Scoring System: $0.01 per catch, carry, 2 tackles

Donation: $9.43

Donation matched by @Snussu!

Season 16

Charity: Compassion International @LittleRiDog

Scoring System: $0.05/250 passing yards, $0.25/INT, x2 for TDs

Donation: $8.10

Season 15

Charity: Best Friends Animal Society @Matmenzinger

Scoring System: $0.15/TD, $0.10/sack, FF, INT

Donation: $9.30

Season 14

Charity: ALS Society of Canada @Tate

Scoring System: $0.15/offensive TD, $0.05/field goal, $1.00/defensive TD

Donation: $ 10.30

Season 13

Charity: Wounded Warrior Project @jhatty8

Scoring System: $0.04 per Pancake

Donation: $7.56

Proof (Donation in USD): https://imgur.com/a/Z3Fx4zr

Season 12

Charity: American Foundation for Suicide Prevention @Snussu

Scoring System: $0.01 per tackle and catch

Donation: $9.38

Donation matched by @Sharkstrong!

Proof (Donation in USD): https://imgur.com/a/skUwS1x

Season 11

Charity: Diabetes Research Institute @jmoney

Scoring System: $0.20 per touchdown, and $0.10 per INT

Donation: $7.80

Donation matched by @Nykonax!

Proof: https://imgur.com/a/3zs3LyQ

Season 10

Charity: AbleGamers @JaysFan26

Scoring System: $0.10 per sack, $0.20 per defensive turnover forced, and $0.30 bonus if the turnover is returned for a TD

Donation: $8.30

Proof (Donation in USD): https://imgur.com/a/9GPQ7Jk

Season 9

Charity: ALS Societies of Canada/Alberta @TacticalHammer

Scoring System: $0.25 per touchdown scored

Donation: $8.50

Donation matched by @Sharkstrong!

Proof: https://imgur.com/a/Qw4ewne

lJ0bgMy.png

Edited by TacticalHammer
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
  • That's Lit! 2

Our Texas Longhorns had a relatively successful season, falling to the Oregon Ducks in the Western Conference playoffs. Including that game, we put up 34 touchdowns this season, good for a $8.50 donation to the ALS Societies of Canada and Alberta! Special thanks to our TD scorers: 

Trent Taggert, 14, @Wally

Reginald Sharkstrong, 11, @Sharkstrong

Crowbar Theeks, 7, @DWill

TFC, 4, @Quik

Bolt Vanderhuge, 4, @Kayfabe

Theremin McCracken, 3, @chemicalfire

Drew McPewPewPew, 1, @MMFLEX

Skipper Williams, 1, @ManningTypeAim

Stay tuned for the offseason, when I'll randomly draw which Texas player will get to pick our charity for next season!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

For season 10, every active member of the Longhorns roster was assigned a number from 1-11 (based on their order on the roster page). @DWill was the first winner, but he has withdrawn in favour of a redraw, so, using Google's random number generator, this year's selection of charity will be made be...

@JaysFan26!

Please let me know your choice of charity by Tuesday, November 27. Or if you don't wish to make a choice, let me know and I'll redraw. 

Edited by TacticalHammer

@JaysFan26 has chosen AbleGamers as the charity. They work to modify video game controllers/computers/consoles/etc. to help people who otherwise wouldn't be able to play video games due to disability or injury. Having a release like gaming can be important in reducing the stress and boredom that people suffering from these conditions go through every day.

https://ablegamers.org/

Edited by TacticalHammer
  • Like 3

Our Texas Longhorns had one of our most successful seasons ever, falling in the last seconds to Michigan in the NCAA final championship. Including the playoffs, our defense put together 27 sacks, and 28 turnovers, for a donation of $8.30 to AbleGamers! Special thanks to our stud defenders (not including bots): 

Rodney McGinest @Boss: 8 sacks, 1 fumble recovered

Ekong Okafor @JaysFan265 sacks

Luke Cafferty @jmoney: 6 INTs

Jeff Sanchez @Quik: 1 fumble recovered, 5 INTs

Skipper Williams @ManningTypeAim: 1 fumble recovered, 4 INTs

Perrin Night @OnMyWings: 1 sack, 1 INT

Damien Reed @DeathClutch19: 1 sack, 1 INT

Jackson Gser @Ty3: 1 sack, 1 INT

Jumbo Danzig @Kayfabe: 1 INT

Stay tuned for the offseason, when I'll randomly draw which Texas player will get to pick our charity for next season!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

For season 11, every active member of the Longhorns roster was assigned a number from 1-11 (based on their order on the roster page). Using Google's random number generator, this year's selection of charity will be made be...

@jmoney!

Please let me know your choice of charity by Saturday, February 2nd.

• Like 2

@jmoney has chosen The Diabetes Research Institute as our charity for this season. The Diabetes Research Institute leads the world in cure-focused research. As one of the largest and most comprehensive research centers dedicated to curing diabetes, the DRI is aggressively working to develop a biological cure by restoring natural insulin production and normalizing blood sugar levels without imposing other risks. 

In the spirit of his players, this season the donation scheme will be $0.20 for every touchdown scored and $0.10 for every interception. So offense and defense will be contributing!

• Like 1

Missing the playoffs for the first time in my tenure as AD was a disappointment. The sting is slightly mitigated by the fact that I get to tally up the #Longhornsgiveback donation for this season. Our Longhorns put up 34 touchdowns and 10 interceptions for a donation of $7.80 to the Diabetes Research Institute! Special thanks to all the players who helped build this total: 

Matt Saracen @jmoney: 14 TDs

Crowbar Theeks @DWill: 18 TDs

Waffler Goodpancake @Sharkstrong: 1 TD

Bolt Vanderhuge @Kayfabe: 5 TDs

Jonathon Gallop Jr @ManningTypeAim: 4 TDs

Tachyon Luminosity @Gilgamesh: 3 TDs

Terry Fitzgerald-Crews @Quik: 2 TDs

Perrin Night @OnMyWings: 3 INTs, 1 TD

Jeff Sanchez @Quik: 2 INTs

Luke Cafferty @jmoney: 2 INTs

Ekong Okafor @JaysFan26: 1 INT

Noah Jacobs @Nykonax: 1 INT

Skipper Williams @ManningTypeAim: 1 INT

Edited by TacticalHammer
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

For season 12, every active member of the Longhorns roster was assigned a number from 1-11 (based on their order on the roster page). Using Google's random number generator, this year's selection of charity will be made by...

@Snussu!

Please let me know your choice of charity by Saturday, March 23.

Edited by TacticalHammer
  • Like 1

@Snussu has chosen: the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, an organization that educates people about suicide and its prevention, they also save lives and help those affected by it. I chose it since I think suicide prevention is a important thing and serious matter. I personally have a friends that have thought about suicide, but have turned their life around from it.

https://afsp.org

This year we'll reward the non-splashy plays that lead to success, with donation money earned for tackles and catches!

• Like 1

My first time falling under .500 made for a frustrating season, but at least our team stepped up when it came to our charitable campaign! As a team, we recorded 264 catches and 674 tackles this season, for a total donation to the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention of $9.38! Special thanks to all the active players who helped build this total: 

TJ Hendrix - 79 catches @TJH

Terry Fitzgerald-Cruz - 35 Catches @Quik

Noah Hartmann III - 45 catches @Noah

Tachyon Luminosity - 27 catches @Gilgamesh

Waffler Goodpancake - 10 catches @Sharkstrong

Paul Unkhippie - 105 tackles @TacticalHammer

Ekong Okafor - 82 tackles @JaysFan26

Jackson Gser - 81 tackles @Ty3

Noah Jacobs - 75 tackles @Nykonax

Jeff Sanchez - 67 tackles @Quik

Luke Cafferty - 57 tackles @jmoney

Lee Chong - 37 tackles @Snussu

Safety Guy - 11 tackles @Esso2264

For season 13, every active member of the Longhorns roster was assigned a number from 1-16  (based on their order on the roster page). Using Google's random number generator, this year's selection of charity will be made by...

@jhatty8!

Please let me know your choice by Saturday, May 18.

• That's Lit! 1

@jhatty8 has chosen The Wounded Warrior Project! The WWP mission is to honor and empower Wounded Warriors who incurred a physical or mental injury, illnesses, or wound, co-incident to their military service on or after September 11, 2001.

https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

This year our scoring system will nice and simple - it's all about pancakes! We'll be raising $0.04 every time a Longhorn knocks one of these namby-pamby other teams' players on their ass. Hook 'Em!

Edited by TacticalHammer
  • Like 1
  • That's Lit! 1

The best season in Longhorns history led to a long-awaited championship win, as well as too more games to build up our pancake total for charity. Over the course of 16 games our team put up 189 pancakes, good for a donation of $7.56 to the Wounded Warriors Project!

In particular, the following non-bot players aided our total: 

Jebediah Cromwell, 22 @K1NG LINUS

Waffler Goodpancake, 12 @Sharkstrong

Noah Hartmann III, 6 @Noah

Tachyon Luminosity, 6 @Gilgamesh

For season 14, every active member of the Longhorns roster was assigned a number based on their order on the roster page. Using Google's random number generator, this year's selection of charity will be made by...

@Tate!

Please let me know your choice by Friday, July 12th.

• Like 4

@Tate has decided to throw it back to the first season of this campaign - once again we will be raising money this season for the ALS Society of Canada! 

Founded in 1977, the ALS Society of Canada (ALS Canada) and their provincial partners are dedicated to supporting Canadians living with ALS and investing in research to make ALS a treatable, not terminal, disease. They are a registered charity that receives no government funding – all of their services and research are funded through donations. Through the ALS Canada Research Program, they fund peer-reviewed research grants, foster collaboration and build capacity within Canada’s ALS research community, and participate in new areas of research where they are well-positioned to have an impact. ALS Canada also advocates for better government support and access within the healthcare system for people touched by ALS. https://www.als.ca/

This season, our donation system is all about scoring - on both sides of the ball. I will donate $0.15 per offensive TD, $0.05 per field goal, and $1.00 per defensive TD! Let's put up the points this year!

Edited by TacticalHammer
  • Like 1

We weren't able to repeat as champions, but in what was billed a rebuilding year, 11-3 is hard to complain about. Our success also meant that we will be donating $10.30 to the ALS Society of Canada!

In particular, the following players aided our total: 

Vince Carswell @LittleRiDog, 21 TDs

Tachyon Luminosity @Gilgamesh, 21 TDs

Taktischer Vorschlaghammer @TacticalHammer, 8 TDs

Terry Fitzgerald-Crews @Quik, 5 TDs

Lorrence Longfingers @jhatty8, 3 TDs

Kip Silver @Tate, 2 TDs

Noah Hartmann III @Noah, 2 TDs

Jebediah Cromwell @K1NG LINUS, 1 TD

Noah Jacobs @Nykonax, 3 Defensive TDs!

Lionel Bands @goat like meat, 24 Field Goals

For season 15, every active member of the Longhorns roster was assigned a number based on their order on the roster page. Using Google's random number generator, this year's selection of charity will be made by...

@Matmenzinger!

Please let me know your choice by Tuesday, September 3rd.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

@Matmenzinger has chosen the Best Friends Animal Society!

Originally founded in 1984 as a sanctuary for abandoned animals, Best Friends Animal Society has since moved into the forefront of the No Kill movement. They have helped to reduce the number of animals being euthanized is shelters by 91%. However even now over 4,100 dogs and cats are euthanized in shelters every day in the United States. Along with running the largest no kill sanctuary in the world, their goal is to end animal euthanasia nationwide by 2025. Aside from helping lead the No Kill movement, they have also aided in the relocation and rescue of abused animals, and also help to provide inexpensive spay and neutering programs across the nation. I chose this charity because I spent most of my youth volunteering at a local no kill animal shelter here in Illinois. Sadly Illinois is still far from being a no kill state and organizations like the one I volunteered at are overwhelmed and understaffed due to the sheer quantity of animals in need of rescuing.

This season our donation will be determined by our playmakers - $0.15 for every touchdown, and $0.10 for every sack, forced fumble, or interception! Happy hunting Longhorns!

• Like 3

Two championships in 3 years is a great run of dominance, but more importantly, a playoff run means more games to build the total for our donation! Based on this season's scoring system, we'll be donating $9.30 to the Best Friends Animal Society!

Vince Carswell @LittleRiDog: 25 TDs

Kim Chi @BigZouzou: 9 TDs

Oscar Jebaseelan @OscarDaSwagDude: 8 TDs

TakTischer Vorschlaghammer: 9 TDs

Mat Tocco @Matmenzinger: 5 TDs

Lorrence Longfingers @jhatty8: 4 TDs

Kip Silver @Tate: 3 TDs

Jebediah Cromwell @K1NG LINUS: 1 TD

Lee Chong @Snussu: 2 sacks, 1 FF

Steven Stiffland @jhatty8: 2 sacks, 2 FF

Easton West @Tate: 1 sack

Justin McAvoy @Beerfridge: 1 sack

Riley Carswell @LittleRiDog: 8 Ints, 1 FF, 2 TDs

Jackie Bands @goat like meat: 2 Ints

Alex Zouzouambe @BigZouzou: 2 Ints, 1 FF

Richaun Hamilton @okochastar: 1 Int

Thornforg: 1 Int

For season 16, every active member of the Longhorns roster was assigned a number based on their order on the roster page. Using Google's random number generator, this year's selection of charity will be made by...

@LittleRiDog!

Please let me know your choice by Monday October 21st.

Edited by TacticalHammer
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • That's Lit! 1

@LittleRiDog has chosen Compassion International, an organization dedicated to improving the lives of underprivileged children through holistic support and sponsorship. "The reason I choose compassion International is because I remember going to this thing with my parents and we heard about these kids that were like abused or had really poor lives. I remember feeling bad for them and wanting to help them and when I was choosing a charity I remembered that this charity was a great one to help kids who are underprivileged." 

Since Ri's players are a CB and a QB, this season we're going to donate $0.05 for every 250 passing yards, and $0.25 for every interception, doubled if it's returned for a TD. You heard it here first NCAA QBs - if you don't throw interceptions to Texas, you hate children! (jk)

• Like 1

#3in4! Amazing season for our team, and a playoff run means even more $$ for charity. Now, I estimated our scoring system this season incorrectly, so I'm going to quadruple the yardage earning I described above to $0.20 per 250 yards. Given that, with 3571 yards passing and 17 interceptions from our defense, including 4 defensive touchdowns, our donation this season is $8.10!

Vince Carswell @LittleRiDog: 3571 yards passing

Taktischer Vorschlaghammer: 1518 yards receiving

Lorrence Longfingers @jhatty8 : 755 yards 

Kip Silver @Tate: 598 yards 

Mat Tocco @Matmenzinger: 512 yards 

Oscar Jebaseelan @Playoff Lonzo: 107 yards

Kim Chi @BigZouzou: 54 yards

Jebediah Cromwell @K1NG LINUS: 27 yards

Richaun Hamilton @okochastar: 5 INTs, 1 TD

Jackie Bands @goat like meat: 4 INTs, 1TD

Riley Carswell @LittleRiDog: 3 INTs, 1 TD

Thornforg: 3 INTs, 1TD

Steven Stiffland @jhatty8: 2 INTs

For season 17, every active member of the Longhorns roster was assigned a number based on their order on the roster page. Using Google's random number generator, this year's selection of charity will be made by...

@Inflastud!

Please let me know your choice by Sunday December 8th.

• Like 2
  • That's Lit! 1

@Inflastud has chosen #TeamTrees! TeamTrees is partnered with the Arbor Day Foundation, with the goal of planting 20 million trees all over the world by January 1st, 2020. 

Since his player will be playing Wide Receiver and Running Back for us this season, we're going to go with the high-volume plays - $0.01 per catch, carry, and 2 tackles! Time to dial up that west coast offense!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Sadly, the season ended a little earlier than we'd have liked. The silver lining though is that it's time to tally up another season of #Longhornsgiveback! With 207 catches, 414 carries, and 643 tackles, we have a total donation of $9.43!

Ja LongArm @denns: 13 carries, all the throws

Lorrence Longfingers @jhatty8: 76 catches

Mat Tocco @Matmenzinger: 45 catches

Ivan Zamora Jr @evryday: 34 catches

Oscar Jebaseelan @Playoff Lonzo: 222 carries, 16 catches

Kim Chi @BigZouzou: 133 carries, 18 catches

Tightest End @Snussu: 6 carries, 16 catches

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen @Inflastud: 40 carries, 2 catches

Easton West @Tate: 106 tackles

Mecha Steiner @Kayfabe: 83 tackles

Clinton King @StackTheRacks12: 74 tackles

Alex Zouzouambe @BigZouzou: 72 tackles

Thornforg @TacticalHammer: 66 tackles

Jackie Bands @goat like meat: 60 tackles

Bryce Hill @LJEra8: 28 tackles

Pharaoh Aardvark @McWolf: 28 tackles

Michael-Laurent Levine @Anthony Ouellet: 18 tackles 

And as if that wasn't enough, @Snussu is matching the donation!

For season 18, every active member of the Longhorns roster was assigned a number based on their order on the roster page. Using Google's random number generator, this year's selection of charity will be made by... @LJEra8 Please let me know your choice asap!

Edited by TacticalHammer
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

@LJEra8 has chosen the American Cancer Society! "I chose the American Cancer Society as my charity as many people around me have been affected by cancer and i know cancer is something many people around the world have to deal with that they shouldn’t everyone here has at least had 1 family member affected by cancer so I would like the charity I donate to to be a one that everyone would agree with and therefore I chose the American Cancer Society"

His player is a linebacker, so we're looking at the running game this season! $0.01 for every 5 rushing yards our team gets this year, and $0.10 for every tackle for loss! Lets get that ground game going/stifled!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

A season with a lot of ups, downs, some adversity, and in the end, a very strong finish! Now, to tally up another season of #Longhornsgiveback... I mean, #Rangersgiveback! This season we put up 2319 rushing yards and 28 tackles for loss. I've decided up our rate to $0.01 per every 4 rushing yards instead of every 5, so we have a total donation of... $8.60 for the American Cancer Society!

$8

Kim Chi @BigZouzou - 1497 yards

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen @Inflastud - 393 yards

Margaret McPoyle @MMFLEX - 384 yards

Ja LongArm @denns - 38 yards

Grace Keepaway @Renomitsu - 3 yards

Mecha Steiner @Kayfabe - 7 TFLs

Bryce Hill @LJEra8 - 4 TFLs

Joe Davis @Josh - 1 TFL

Jeffrey Beaumont @Jetsqb101 - 1 TFL

For season 19, every active member of the Rangers roster was assigned a number based on their order on the roster page. Using Google's random number generator, this year's selection of charity will be made by... @J0EB!  Please let me know your choice asap!

Edited by TacticalHammer
  • Like 1
  • That's Lit! 1

@J0EB has chosen HandUp.org! "Homelessness is a problem across the globe. Every city has displaced individuals, and it’s incredibly important that those individuals have a support system they can turn to. The resources provided at homeless shelters help these individuals get back on their feet and recover in their darkest times of need. Briefly imagine not having a roof over your head, shoes for your feet, or a bed to sleep in at night. It’s a horrible thought, but knowing that there are people living lives like that right now is even more terrible. 

HandUp is an organization that sponsors local and national campaigns across the United States, helping fight poverty and homelessness. Their campaigns range from a variety of different issues, some personal, some more widespread, but their main goal is to help those in need. I know that the contribution we provide will help someone get back on their feet, and escape from the darkness they may be currently living in."

Going with a nice and simple scoring system that will let all our players contribute - $.01 per tackle and catch! #LeadTheWay